The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

mac or pc

Poll: mac or pc?
Total Votes: 37
mac
pc
linux?
Dave99 - 20 June 2009 03:13 PM
snowslider - 20 June 2009 01:19 PM

Fear the Mac.

SKDK ?

I’m not sure if I should agree or not, lol

snowslider - 21 June 2009 02:21 AM

Fear the Mac.

SKDK ?

the correct answer is ..“What?”

Dave99 - 21 June 2009 04:00 AM
snowslider - 21 June 2009 02:21 AM

Fear the Mac.

SKDK ?

the correct answer is ..“What?”

Right, you could have thrown any initials at me with in all caps with DK after it.
I kinda know, but I really dont know, ya know?

snowslider - 21 June 2009 04:19 AM

yup…If you are not in , you are not in..

I am a member even though I`m in Edmonton…and Canadian….Hahaha..for reals

Dave99 - 21 June 2009 04:24 AM
snowslider - 21 June 2009 04:19 AM

yup…If you are not in , you are not in..

I am a member even though I`m in Edmonton…and Canadian….Hahaha..for reals

I’m down with the Dawg, hes in, but not I.

Mac, because Gigi and Nico and all the cool boarders use a Mac.

mac

I just picked up a 24 inch mac to work on my photos with.  Huge step up for my LG laptop.  No more waiting 5 mins for photoshop to load.  I will buy a mac note book (Pro of course) one day when I can afford it.  Macs are amazingly user friendly.  But I am writing this on my lg laptop from bed so I cant complain to much.

Just Giver - 17 June 2009 07:17 PM

I used to be a PC girl but for the past 3 years I’ve owned a Mac and it took me a little bit to get used to it but now I find it amazing. You can find things so much easier and there are no virus or software problems.

The lack of existence of viruses on Macs does not have much to do with the quality of the software - its more to do with the quantity of people who use macs.  Having worked in IT for many years, business (and therefore the majority of users) is dominated by PC’s.  Someone who develops virus software is always going to write code that affects the most number of users ie. PC users. Why write a virus that affects potentially 10% of users (ie Macs) when you can write code that can affect potentially 90% of users (ie. PC’s) - Its classic 80-20 rule.

“They” have looked through Mac software code and “they” reckon Mac code ain’t much better then PC code (ie. littered with security flaws, etc). If (or when) Macs increase in popularity to the PC level, those who write virus software will no doubt turn their attention to Mac software - right now there are not enough users to really interest the majority of them.

Seems im going against the flow, but being individual is important right!? LOL I have always used PC’s so naturally I continued that way when I got my own. We have two Dell’s (desktop and laptop) and couldn’t be happier with them. In regards to ease of use, and viruses etc, lucky my fiance works in the IT support field!

Simplest way to avoid a virus dont download crap for people or places you dont know.  I have not had a virus on my laptop on any of my computers for years

Yeah macs dont get viruses because they don’t make up a large percentage of the computer population but i think that is soon to change. i download shit like crazy so my computer would have aids by now if it was a pc. haha no one is admitting they like pc’s in case they get shutdown.

I will be the first then!

I am a PC user - have been since god was a child. No intention of changing to a Mac - my laptops & netbooks do everything I expect them to. My netbook was under $700…. I assume I would struggle to get a Mac laptop/netbook for around that price. Losing or dropping a $700 machine is alot less painful then a $2500 one.

I support PC’s all day, so naturally i’m using a Mac at home. Still on a PowerBook G4 and works sensationally for the amount of work it has done and places it has been. Be interested to find what strange places people have taken their mac’s to.
I still don’t understand the logic behind microsofts 11 or so different versions of windows as compared to OSX.

kort - 27 July 2009 03:52 AM

I assume I would struggle to get a Mac laptop/netbook for around that price. Losing or dropping a $700 machine is alot less painful then a $2500 one.

Sorry kort, can’t compare a fully functional computer to a netbook. Macbooks start at about 1600, but the mac mini is still pretty good value for just over 1000 clams.

Skiing makes me Board - 27 July 2009 05:42 AM

Sorry kort, can’t compare a fully functional computer to a netbook. Macbooks start at about 1600, but the mac mini is still pretty good value for just over 1000 clams.

Ahhh actually yes I can - what I do on my netbook at home is exactly what I do on my laptop at home, which is exactly what I do on my desktop at home.