The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SNOWBOARD STOLEN AT MT HOTHAM

Hey Guys n Girls

A buddy of mine had his snowboard stolen at Mt Hotham on Sunday just gone, the 25th July

It was outside Swindlers with all the other board while they were having lunch.

His board is an Atrec Cipher as below:

and the bindings are black Union Fiat Freestyle team bindings as below:

the bindings are pretty obvious because they have beige coloured Burton Toe Caps on them and have strapping tape around the ankle strap holding them together

If anyone up at Hotham can keep an eye out it would be great. Even other hills in Vic as it mite be used elsewhere by the thief.

If you do happen to find it could you please return it to Hotham Central (if at hotham) and let me know.

If you see someone riding it and it is obviously the board described, could you maybe approach the person, or even just get a description of the rider. But i dont expect anyone to approach if you dont want to as wouldnt want you to get involved in trouble with the person.

My mate will be at falls or hotham most weekends.
Its a shame that such a sh**ty thing happens, so if you could keep ur eyes pealed that would be greatly appreciated

Cheers crew

Yeah mate that sucks! Make sure you keep an eye on ebay also as it might pop up there

that is way lame dude. im heading over to Hotham in a week, will look out for someone didgy shredding that board

Ahh that sucks dude! Sorry to hear it.

Maybe post a couple of sentences and a link to this thread in the Mt Hotham blog. Hopefully it will get more publicity that way.

yeh already did that rider, thanks mate

Shall keep an eye out too.
That sux, such a low act.

A mate of mine nearly had his skis pinched from the bus yesterday, lucky he was sitting at a window seat and managed to jump off the bus and grab them back.
The dude just dumped them and ran.
Seems there is a few low lifes about angry

Yeah that sucks balls dude!! I had my whole set-up stolen also at the start of the season; board, boots, bindings, 2 goggles and a jacket all stolen from my car :(

still trying to recover from that fatal blow bu just pull through it mate

nah i dont think he did make note of it.
Cheers for keepin eyes pealed everyone
Yeh would be good to have the liftys know, but dont know how possible that is. good idea tho

Also the board has a black ptex repair on the bottom and cracked topsheet at the tail

Hey Rider - perhaps you could create a sepatate category for stolen gear?

That sucks man.  Definitely keep an eye on e-bay for a bit.  On the New Zealand auction site, TradeMe, you can get automatic e-mails for new auctions matching specific search strings.  The stuff has pretty specific markings which should help.

If you do find it.  Win the auction, arrange a pickup and bring a baseball bat. smile  Actually, post the pick up details here and a few boardworld member can come join in the vigilante fun.

f@tony - 27 July 2010 11:27 AM

If you do find it.  Win the auction, arrange a pickup and bring a baseball bat. smile  Actually, post the pick up details here and a few boardworld member can come join in the vigilante fun.

haha like your thinking f@tony!

Mizu Kuma - 27 July 2010 09:01 AM

I’ll keep an eye out at Thredbo K2! Ya never know?

Shouldn’t be too many of em on the mountains!

Did he note the serial #?

Maybe the resorts could do a service, and reward a lifty with something for spottin a stolen board? Maybe sponsored by Boardworld???

liftys are firm believers in a beer economy…

I recall one lifty had his board stolen from outside the hut and another guy had his goggles stolen from inside the hut when I was overseas. Most of us had our eyes out for the board but it was never seen again.

Probably got a better chance of spotting the board at another resort to be honest as you’d have to be bloody stupid to ride it at the same resort you stole it from.