The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

World Cup futbol ( or any soccer)

James..Pay attention..You won today…over Spain..You are in the finals of the Confederation Cup

I think the US was a 435-1 underdog by the Vegas bookies..

they probably only had to pay off abOUT 6 bets though…

Dave99 - 25 June 2009 03:34 AM

James..Pay attention..You won today…over Spain..You are in the finals of the Confederation Cup

I think the US was a 435-1 underdog by the Vegas bookies..

they probably only had to pay off abOUT 6 bets though…

Hey, cool!

I was reading some on the BMB last evening about some of the games, and Egypt beating Italy etc.
Is their team this year just way different than 4 yrs ago?

USA vs Brazil and Brazil won…
With all the different tournaments we talked about… is that the last for the season? or is there a different tournament coming up… or was this conf Cup the same as the World Cup?
I get confused easily on all this?

but,
Yea for USA with the first trip to the confederation cup finals, a good season.

snowslider - 29 June 2009 04:16 AM

USA vs Brazil and Brazil won…

and you were winning 2-0 up to halftime…That`s when Brazil woke up and scored 3….as I knew they would.

Futbol is all abOUT The World Cup in my eyes….and that`s to take place next year.

James..There are so many championships each year..or two years… that you`d need a week to understand

Just say Yay

OK, I’m understanding that it’s just not that easy to understand.
and I see why my friends never taught me.
I’m watching a replay of the US/Brazil game now, but I think it’s bedtime.
I suppose it is the second half that is the most exciting anyway, eh?

30 mins after MN for me, it is time to get to bed. I’ve got to fit about 50 hours of work in 40 hours next week - who-hoo.
But wifey gets to the bank to get the details about buying a new house.

Football is something you need a lot of time to understand and keep up with.. at least that’s my experience with it

I only follow the world cup when it’s on

good luck getting your house..

now, are you really sure this is the time to buy?....There`s a lot more going on than just low mortgage rates..

Dave99 - 29 June 2009 04:33 AM

now, are you really sure this is the time to buy?....There`s a lot more going on than just low mortgage rates..

Where did this come from?? Are you going crazy dave?

We’ve been living with my in-laws for the past 14 months since we moved from the beach area back to ‘home’.
yea, it’s time to get a place. We still own the home near the beach and rent it out.
Were getting about 70K off the tax assessment of the house. The owner first mentioned selling it for about 60K under what the tax assessment was, and after seeing it I asked for another 10K.
My job is secure, a nurses job is always secure. and even though this house may take 30K to make it livable… as it is completely trashed - hasnt been cleaned for years, and a mentally incompetent individual was living there, the place is about as clean as am untended bird cage.
We have plans to remove walls and install a sump pump in the basement. replace the ceiling upstairs etc… a lot of work to be done. The end product will be much better than anything we could afford at the time, really.
We thing it’s going to be the right decision.

snowslider - 29 June 2009 04:42 AM

We’ve been living with my in-laws for the past 14 months since we moved from the beach area back to ‘home’.
yea, it’s time to get a place. We still own the home near the beach and rent it out.
Were getting about 70K off the tax assessment of the house. The owner first mentioned selling it for about 60K under what the tax assessment was, and after seeing it I asked for another 10K.
My job is secure, a nurses job is always secure. and even though this house may take 30K to make it livable… as it is completely trashed - hasnt been cleaned for years, and a mentally incompetent individual was living there, the place is about as clean as am untended bird cage.
We have plans to remove walls and install a sump pump in the basement. replace the ceiling upstairs etc… a lot of work to be done. The end product will be much better than anything we could afford at the time, really.
We thing it’s going to be the right decision.

well you definitely need a place of your own..No matter what the economic climate…As long as you have your job you should be good in the long run..Cheers

The game continues…
36 on the clock.
score 2-0
the tension in the game is increasing.

FIFA World Cup > Olympic games

can’t wait! Spain is looking good (if you dont count that shock loss to the USA) and Brazil always deliver (though they’ve proven themselves sloppy defensively recently).
there aren’t enough swear words for the way Italy play.

Just Giver - 29 June 2009 04:41 AM

Where did this come from?? Are you going crazy dave?

Crazy because it`s in the futbol thread?

or crazy because you think the US economy is fine and mortgage defaults and unemployment will not fall further causing more foreclosures and lower housing prices all around?

Please pick the Futbol option…

So the confederation cup just ended, but is there still a world cup to be played?
When will that be?
be patient with me, I’m learning.

snowslider - 29 June 2009 03:11 PM

So the confederation cup just ended, but is there still a world cup to be played?
When will that be?
be patient with me, I’m learning.

The World Cup is next year in June..To be played in sOUTh Africa..
Qualifying for it takes close to a year in itself..Here`s the schedule of some games that count towards the World Cup

http://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/world-cup-2010-qualifying/

See..It`s very complicated ,so don`t feel bad if you don`t grasp it…