The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Kickers That Changed Snowboarding

Interesting read regardless of if you agree with the list or not.

http://whitelines.mpora.com/features/kickers-changed-snowboarding-issue-87.html

really interesting! I was surprised that I actually recognised or had heard about most of those. I have a friend who was at Riksgransen and saw Ingemar Backman do that air with his own eyes!

just talked to him then, it was actually his friend who shaped that riksgransen quarter pipe.

on another note, i just found the start of my bucket list smirk

Lol. Your bucket list is going to get yourself K2’d

It seriously might be the last things you do before you leave this earth

hahaha agreed with TJ and K2….If you try the baker road gap, I’d make sure you have a will prepared!

oh i agree with you all 100% LOL  these shall be what i push myself towards ollie  shaka

I’d like to think that Id do the baker gap with a crew and plenty of powder but…...I have looked tat charlottes road gap and that is scary enough and its tiny compared to the baker one.

That article was good. makes me want to hit a back country jump!

The Baker gap is HUGE big surprise

Went there once, no way would you see me trying that!!

great read, not anywhere near confident enough to hit those yet though haha

Not too sure abt the list, definitely its euro focused, but baker, artic challenge and chads gap are up there as best kickers for sure.

Went down to baker this year and found the infamous baker road gap, no chance in hell was i gonna hit it, but seeing it in the flesh, its a hell of alot bigger than photos do it justice.

Hoping to be in the area in august/september next year. Would love to get a photo standing on the road, even if it will be autumn then.

kickers that changed snowboarding…trent style.
The very first kicker i ever built on my first day of snowboarding ever during a year 11 school snowtrip was a game changer for me. It was prob 30cms high and landed flat but was the beginings of a love affair.

trentradpants - 05 September 2012 10:53 PM

kickers that changed snowboarding…trent style.
The very first kicker i ever built on my first day of snowboarding ever during a year 11 school snowtrip was a game changer for me. It was prob 30cms high and landed flat but was the beginings of a love affair.

haha I bet it felt massive at the time