The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How`s the food at your resort?

Ramen noodle soup all the way in Japan, I can’t think of a better thing to have for lunch after being out in the snow!

Even better was the mineral bath after riding, then you know what it feels like to be a cooked piece of pork in the middle of someone’s ramen soup.

I loved the food in Japan. Hanazono cafe had great food, cheap and healthy. Excellent for on the hill.

At Hotham, pick for me is the White Room for lunch, the Luxa costs $21 for a bowl, five star service. It is never crowded. Better than $15 or so anywhere else for a feed.

depends which resort I am working at but usually gross.

Can’t say I really eat on the resorts, I’ll let you know what the drinks are like but!

The quality is slowly getting worse, not terrible but declining, and the prices always increasing.  We usually eat at Swindlers and the lasagne was the best value but now that’s gone up too and the pizza slices have gotten smaller.  We sometimes take our lunch to eat at the car but when the weather is bad there is nowhere sheltered, warm and clean to really eat.

Tambazz - 29 June 2009 04:56 AM

I loved the food in Japan. Hanazono cafe had great food, cheap and healthy. Excellent for on the hill.

At Hotham, pick for me is the White Room for lunch, the Luxa costs $21 for a bowl, five star service. It is never crowded. Better than $15 or so anywhere else for a feed.

hmmm - i usually hit the snowbird for a feed - have found it to be pretty tasty and reasonably priced - but massively crowded
will have to give the white room a crack this year me thinks

and - nothing compares to the food in japan - nothing like getting eel, tonkatsudons or big bowls of udon soups at lunch

maybe someone needs to open a little japanese joint up at hotham?

Eel sashimi for lunch?!?!?
COUNT ME IN!