The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

Gamblor - 14 December 2011 06:47 AM

Chucky, changing out straps to get better fit isn’t too crazy. Last year’s medium union forces came with s/m ankle straps instead of m/l and they didn’t fit my size 10 boots, even though they’re supposed to be fine to 10.5. I just called up the company and got new ones sent out.

Yeah, changing out straps to get a better fit isn’t too crazy - the sucky part is that I had no choice but to do it, or ride with loose fitting bindings. I had to pay for my replacement Burton straps, when Burton should have got it right in the first place. What sucks even more is that after I’d bought all new straps, I found out Burton Australia were changing/clearing warehouses, and they were throwing away literally boxloads of replacement straps!!!

Finally got the quiver together. Stoked!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From left to right: 103cm homemade model, 160 Burton Fish Noboard, 153 Burton Barracuda (the wife’s), 150 Burton Nug, 160 Burton Sherlock, 163 Rossignol Experience, 165 Prior Khyber split, 154 K2 Quaw Quaw [not pictured: 162 Burton BMC rock board on life support with delams and core shots]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hahahahahaaa!!!!! Love Mini Gamblor’s part in he shot!!!!!

But I think that ya need a couple more boards there!!!!! That’s no where near enough!!!!!  hmmm

It might be the pic, but shouldn’t the NUG be wayyy smaller than anythin else in the quiver?????

LOL!
Love how you got mini me gamblor to turn around when you turned ya boards around hahahaha AWESOME

Sick quiver Gamblor! Do you not rotate your highbacks at all?

Gamblor, you got rid of your Charlie Slasher? What’s your take on Charlie vs. Barracuda?

Mizu, the big boards are further away and I’m crouching and using a wide lens so the perspective is off.

Skip, the highbacks are rotated. Burton highbacks fold down fine though (unlike Unions). My front foot angle is only 15 though, so it’s prob not that noticeable.

Chucky, yeah I sold the Charles last year. I didn’t like the waist width. I found my rossi did basically the same thing (95% of the charlie’s float, but quicker edge to edge, and no flat camber ). I think it’s a great board though and would be perfect for a 2 board quiver. I’ve just ridden many many powder boards and have gotten really picky.
Right now, I’m satisfied with the Sherlock. It floats great but makes me really freestyle-conscious - like instead of just straight airing a bump, now I’ll definitely grab or spin. It has less float than a proper pow board though and that makes me read the terrain better.

I just realized you got Travis Parker’s old K2 board shaka

yeah, free gift from a friend. it’s pretty beat up but still rides great. I use it mainly when I ride with my daughter since she skis over my board all the time

Gamblor - 25 January 2012 04:12 AM

Chucky, yeah I sold the Charles last year. I didn’t like the waist width. I found my rossi did basically the same thing (95% of the charlie’s float, but quicker edge to edge, and no flat camber ). I think it’s a great board though and would be perfect for a 2 board quiver. I’ve just ridden many many powder boards and have gotten really picky.

You had a 164, right? Those were far too wide at 260mm. My 158 is 256mm, and that’s as wide as I’d ever want to go for my size 11 feet. Strange, though, because I rode stiff Ride Timeless boards with a 255mm waist width for many years and it felt just right. I guess it’s what you’re used to.

Right now, I’m satisfied with the Sherlock. It floats great but makes me really freestyle-conscious - like instead of just straight airing a bump, now I’ll definitely grab or spin. It has less float than a proper pow board though and that makes me read the terrain better.

Yeah, the last board I rode pow on was a 158 Signal Park Rocker (249mm waist width). The rocker’s so extreme on that thing, it was really fun and floaty.

That’s an awesome quiver you have there, Gamblor. Nice to meet mini Gamblor too! shaka

Skip, the highbacks are rotated. Burton highbacks fold down fine though (unlike Unions). My front foot angle is only 15 though, so it’s prob not that noticeable.

My FLUX’s are at 18, and I have no drama foldin them down either!!!!! How do ya new cartels go, skip?????

yeah Chucky, I had the 164 with the 260 ww. On a fish it’s not so noticeable (258 on a 160) but on the charlie it was super wide. Still really easy to turn though thanks to the rockered nose.

I mean to try the barracuda but haven’t yet. I reckon it will ride ok

@mizu: Hmm I like em, but it’s really different than the Contact Pro. Way more stiffer, so I used almost 0 forward lean compared to 3 forward lean on the contact pro. I’m not really sure what to think of the reflex disc, I can definitely feel more of the board and flexes better with the board, but I think the Union is more damp.

You would kinda expect that!!!!!

It would be like skate shoes, you can’t really have “feel” without sacrificin “shock absorption”!!!!!

I rode Dan83’s Cartels (Non Reflex) at the Shred and quite liked them as they had similar feel to my FLUX Super Diamond’s!!!!! But I do prefer a stiffer binder!!!!!