The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

drc13 - 12 August 2014 08:40 PM
rider26 - 12 August 2014 05:38 PM

the full schedule will be released on Wednesday August 13 at 6 P.M. ET On NBA TV.

From Wikipedia so can’t guarantee this, but I think it’s correct.

Also look at games in Brooklyn. Their stadium is awesome and ticket prices were a lot less than Knicks games when I last looked (Knicks were SUPER expensive).

Thanks mate, hadn’t thought of Brooklyn so that’s a great tip. I’ll be in NY from the 29-12 until 6-1 so hoping there’s a game to choose from in that range.

As for buying tickets have you got any tips?

I’m also looking to catch a NHL game in Vancouver when I’m there but I can probably save that question for the Canada thread smile

There will definitely be at least a game or two during that time. Unless you get really unlucky and they are on a long road trip haha. But one of the NY teams will be there.

I would suggest you buy your tickets from here: http://www.nba.com/tickets/tix.html

That way you know you’re getting a real ticket, nothing to worry about etc. People also resell their tickets through there but they are all guaranteed.

Tell me more about your trip to Canada… we should definitely catch up!

rider26 - 13 August 2014 09:26 AM
drc13 - 12 August 2014 08:40 PM
rider26 - 12 August 2014 05:38 PM

the full schedule will be released on Wednesday August 13 at 6 P.M. ET On NBA TV.

From Wikipedia so can’t guarantee this, but I think it’s correct.

Also look at games in Brooklyn. Their stadium is awesome and ticket prices were a lot less than Knicks games when I last looked (Knicks were SUPER expensive).

Thanks mate, hadn’t thought of Brooklyn so that’s a great tip. I’ll be in NY from the 29-12 until 6-1 so hoping there’s a game to choose from in that range.

As for buying tickets have you got any tips?

I’m also looking to catch a NHL game in Vancouver when I’m there but I can probably save that question for the Canada thread smile

There will definitely be at least a game or two during that time. Unless you get really unlucky and they are on a long road trip haha. But one of the NY teams will be there.

I would suggest you buy your tickets from here: http://www.nba.com/tickets/tix.html

That way you know you’re getting a real ticket, nothing to worry about etc. People also resell their tickets through there but they are all guaranteed.

Perfect thanks mate, I had heard things about options like stubhub but at this stage it’s more important I can lock in a ticket. Am I best off booking them as soon as the draw is announced or do prices change as it get’s closer to the date?

I liked your NY TR and the idea of getting to a talk show filming might have to pick your brains about that as well at some stage.

Hah well I’d already locked in a Whistler catch up with you figured you’d give me a fantastic lay of the land. I’ve got a few questions so rather than clog up the NBA thread I’ll go find a Canada thread to ask them in shaka

Ok so it looks like the NBA draw is out and I have a few options. I’ll be in NY arriving late on the 29-12 and departing 6-1.

Not knowing the teams that well I guessing I’m looking for either New York Knicks or Brooklyn Nets games? If so I think I have the choice of:

NYK vs Detroit on the 2-1
NYK vs Milwaukee on 4-1
Brooklyn vs Dallas on 5-1

another potential option but not optimal would be catching a game while in San Fran who I’m guessing is Golden State? if so I could do
GS vs Houston on the 21-1

Are any of these games obvious standouts to see players I may actually recognise (have worked out I won’t see lebron or kobe!)

When testing the ticket buying site for some reason those dates for the NYK games don’t show up they couldn’t already be sold out could they?

Any advice on games and what kind of seats I should go for would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dallas and Brooklyn would be a great game!! Both relativity good teams with some amazing players!

surferguy56 - 14 August 2014 08:50 PM

Dallas and Brooklyn would be a great game!! Both relativity good teams with some amazing players!

Fantastic cheers mate. Just scoping the ticket market now for that game. Looks like I could snag section 223 row 12 for $47 which seems like a steal. A long way back but I’d still get the atmosphere I’d guess or am I wasting my time unless I cough up $250+

Figuring NBA is better watched from the side then behind the posts?

Edit: Booked it, I’m going to the NBA! dance I’ll keep an eye out on the NYK games as well.

I paid $450 each for me and the missus to go see the NFL and was well worth the money!

My seats were epic!

If Van play Detroit in Van im def going ot see that game no matter what!

drc13 - 14 August 2014 09:21 PM
surferguy56 - 14 August 2014 08:50 PM

Fantastic cheers mate. Just scoping the ticket market now for that game. Looks like I could snag section 223 row 12 for $47 which seems like a steal. A long way back but I’d still get the atmosphere I’d guess or am I wasting my time unless I cough up $250+

Figuring NBA is better watched from the side then behind the posts?

Edit: Booked it, I’m going to the NBA! dance I’ll keep an eye out on the NYK games as well.

For regular season by yourself, just buy a cheap ticket. There is always spare seats down the bottom, just move at 1/4 time and take a good seat lol.

Golden State vs Houston would be an awesome game. That would be my pick. Both exciting / high scoring teams.

Star players on there include:
Steph Curry / Klay Thompson - GSW
James Harden, Dwight Howards and Trevor Ariza - Houston Rockets

deanobruce - 15 August 2014 10:17 AM

I paid $450 each for me and the missus to go see the NFL and was well worth the money!
My seats were epic!
If Van play Detroit in Van im def going ot see that game no matter what!

Nice I had a brief look into NFL but don’t think there’s any running (or MLB) or I’d be keen!

TJswish - 15 August 2014 11:33 AM

For regular season by yourself, just buy a cheap ticket. There is always spare seats down the bottom, just move at 1/4 time and take a good seat lol.

Hah that will be worth a shot if that’s the case after some googling I’m pretty happy with the view considering I won’t know who any of the players are anyway, speaking of which could you list the notable players for the game I’m going to?

My SF itinerary is pretty packed but if will see how I go regarding the GSW game.

rider26 - 13 August 2014 09:26 AM

Got around to posting a few of my questions, Could see an official Whistler thread so it’s in the Canada Mega Thread here.
https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewreply/245314/

Next up I’ll be asking about NY/USA stuff smile

<h1>BUMP!</h1>

NBA League Pass is free until November 4th.

http://watch.nba.com/nba/

If you do subscribe, use a proxy and sign up from Canada or another country like the Bahamas, as it’s pretty much half the price of Australia. Ridiculous!

What are your early predictions for top of the East, West, and NBA Champions?

I think the Bulls will have a good chance of getting out of the East if they can stay healthy. It’s hard to not pick the Spurs in the West after their dominating performance in the Finals last season. Although I think teams like Golden State and the Clippers will give them a good run for their money.

You guys see my boy Chris Bosh? dance

He’s going to have a big season!

Ol Trex arms finally can shine and not in te shadow of Lebum!

And grab some rebounds! Wooooo!