The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

Mizu Kuma - 13 June 2011 10:38 AM
rider26 - 13 June 2011 10:21 AM

Michelle had to work today and didn’t want to know the result so we recorded the game.

As if she couldn’t tell the end result, by the amount of tissues that were in the bin!!!!!!  hmmm

But then again…................ even if Miami had won, and you were watchin it alone….............  sick

Jeremy was actually really good at hiding the result. I had no idea until the end of the game, then he got all sad again.

I think he disposed of the tissues before I came home!

True, but look at it this way. ‘The Decision’ was aired that way to raise millions of dollars for charity and give (I think 10 or 12) scholarships to kids in need. Right or wrong, I don’t think his intentions were bad. Sports stars do a lot worse in my opinion. Does Kobe still receive negative publicity for cheating on his wife?

As for the party at the start of the season, I doubt this was something the players organised. You can’t really blame LeBron or Dwyane for what went down. And that said, was the city not entitled to celebrate? They just pulled off one of the biggest summer signings in NBA history. I know I was ecstatic and I would have joined in the celebrations if I was there. For the fans and as a city, they were entitled to celebrate I think. Even Dwyane and LeBron said they couldn’t believe what they said now that they’re looking back on the footage. Obviously they were very happy and don’t think they were expecting the backlash they received.

Anyway, what’s done is done. These guys have never done anything other than play amazing basketball and entertain millions of people. A lot worse goes on in professional sports but I guess people always want to see the big stars fail, and a lot of the negativity towards LeBron is from cities he didn’t want to sign with. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to sign LeBron and I wouldn’t have been bitter if he went elsewhere. He did what he thought was right for his career, his family, and ultimately made the decision to give him the best chance to compete for titles.

Just Giver - 14 June 2011 12:05 AM
Mizu Kuma - 13 June 2011 10:38 AM
rider26 - 13 June 2011 10:21 AM

Michelle had to work today and didn’t want to know the result so we recorded the game.

As if she couldn’t tell the end result, by the amount of tissues that were in the bin!!!!!!  hmmm

But then again…................ even if Miami had won, and you were watchin it alone….............  sick

Jeremy was actually really good at hiding the result. I had no idea until the end of the game, then he got all sad again.

I think he disposed of the tissues before I came home!

LOL

rider26 - 14 June 2011 12:06 AM

True, but look at it this way. ‘The Decision’ was aired that way to raise millions of dollars for charity and give (I think 10 or 12) scholarships to kids in need. Right or wrong, I don’t think his intentions were bad. Sports stars do a lot worse in my opinion. Does Kobe still receive negative publicity for cheating on his wife?

As for the party at the start of the season, I doubt this was something the players organised. You can’t really blame LeBron or Dwyane for what went down. And that said, was the city not entitled to celebrate? They just pulled off one of the biggest summer signings in NBA history. I know I was ecstatic and I would have joined in the celebrations if I was there. For the fans and as a city, they were entitled to celebrate I think. Even Dwyane and LeBron said they couldn’t believe what they said now that they’re looking back on the footage. Obviously they were very happy and don’t think they were expecting the backlash they received.

Anyway, what’s done is done. These guys have never done anything other than play amazing basketball and entertain millions of people. A lot worse goes on in professional sports but I guess people always want to see the big stars fail, and a lot of the negativity towards LeBron is from cities he didn’t want to sign with. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to sign LeBron and I wouldn’t have been bitter if he went elsewhere. He did what he thought was right for his career, his family, and ultimately made the decision to give him the best chance to compete for titles.

I don’t blame him for it, just that he didn’t need an hour on TV and 6 weeks of taunting people to do it.

From day 1 he knew he was going to Miami, just get on TV and say “I’m going to Miami”. Not put on an hour TV show about it.

And the way they rubbed it in just was bad.

+ I didn’t like Lebron in Cleveland, so in Miami, he isn’t getting my love. Bosh and Dwade on the other hand I quite like their game.

What is the differnce between my mum and Lebron?

My mum has a ring lol

yeh fair enough, that “party” is coming back to haunt them now…

ppl either love or hate sports star. and ppl need a reason to hate on sports stars that arent on their team, lebron hasnt done anything illegal in his life so they will hate on him for the decision and all the bullshit surrounding it. it will eventually die down, kobe doesnt cop shit for the rape charge anymore, garnett doesnt cop shit about telling the lakers ball boy to f*$k off any more. People get over things.

But how they paraded around telling the crowds they will win 3,4,5…. championships is going to haunt them forever…unless they do it. which i dont see them doing. Sure, they may win one or 2 but no where near the “dynasty” they claimed that day in south beach.

Pat Riley backs Erik Spoelstra: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6686770

Summer League has been cancelled and we are probably heading towards a lockout.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the whole reason i left 3-4 days spare at the end of my tahoe/vegas trip over new years is to catch a celtics game.

i swear to god* if they dont play when im there i will go to a gun store and run riot….

*not that i believe in god or any of that other religious bullsh!t but thats the way the saying goes.

I bought myself a Lakers jersey for the snow

they should change the name to the LA Bryants…cause kobe carries them.

i occasionally rock my celtics jersey at the snow. but to do so i need to wear old pants (new ones are , old are green)

edit: that was an interesting read. hopefully they can come to some sort of an agreement. and the players will stop putting their hands out for more money when they already earn sh!tloads…time will tell

reppin the fashion trend

Did you only show the back, cause ya spilt Sauce down the front????

Dude, I have a spare Miami Heat jersey. I’ll bring it for you to wear at the Shred. Leave the Lakers jersey behind.  cool mad

rider26 - 22 June 2011 05:17 AM

Dude, I have a spare Miami Heat jersey. I’ll bring it for you to wear at the Shred. Leave the Lakers jersey behind.  cool mad

Why would he wanna wear a losers jersey???