The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

Does anyone follow the NBA?

I must admit the NBA is probably my favourite spectator sport. I am a die-hard Miami Heat fan, have been for a long time.

So the Heat got killed by Boston in the first round. The Cavs were one of the favourites for the title this year and they are down 3-2 to Boston after today’s game. Game six will be awesome - Lebron on the brink, do or die.

Lakers Vs Suns will be an awesome series.

I have enjoyed watching NBA in the past, but I havent for a few years now.
It all started for me when I had a boss about 10 yrs ago… maybe more now that I think about it… he was a Chicago Bulls fan… back when it was Pippin and kobe and rick whats-his-name…
Anyway, my boss would have a good day on the mornings after the Bulls won… and a bad day if they lost. So I started to watch the games as a joke to find out what kind of day it would be - and to have something other than work to talk with him about. It was fun.

I dont have a TV now, and havent for years, so I dont have access to watching it, really.

I enjoyed the personalities throughout the sport. more than the teams.

im a NBA and CAVS fan.

I don’t think the cavs will get back in game 6.  boston have it in the bag.

Also Magic have a great team and i think they might win this year.

Wow, good call on the Celtics beating the Cavs in game 6. That’s a huge loss for them. They would have been expecting to go the whole way this season. They are going to have to restructure the team if they want to keep Lebron. I know he wants to stay there, but he wants a championship more than anything. I guess they are in the same situation as Miami; sign some help for the star player or the star player will go elsewhere. It’s going to be a huge summer, so many top free agents…

I think Lakers can win it all again. They have such depth and not to mention the guys wearing number 8. You can’t rule out any of the remaining teams though, all top-notch teams. The conference finals will be very entertaining.

The cavs just didnt want it. after game 3 it all went down hill. They had the best record all season and flop in the playoffs. Everyone blames lebron for there loss, but there is another 8+ guys on the team who played shit or even shitter than he did. But as you said if they can pick up another good player next year i think they will be unstoppable (if he stays)
I really dont think lebron will leave, he has all his family and friends in cleveland. He also had the state and team in the palm of his hands. He would be silly to go.

Lakers can win it, but i really hope they dont. I hate that team sooooo much!!

Magic looks the best out of the remaining team. they have sweeped both there games so far so i think thats a good sign.

No way you can blame Lebron. He is the best player on the team and arguably the best player in the NBA. He needs help from the rest of the team. No one player can win a championship on his own. None of the other players stepped up. Lebron got a massive triple double in the loss while carrying an injury, no blame should be put on him. I do think he wants to stay in Cleveland, but whether he does or not will be determined by their trades/signs this summer. He wants to win above all else. There is also talk of him moving to Miami with Wade wink (or Chicago).

How about Boston winning the first two games in Orlando. They are off to the NBA finals you would have to say…

Lakers had a convincing win over Phoenix yesterday too.

JJ Redick who plays for the Orlando Magic team, and played for Duke university in NC (USA)... he went to a local high school in my town. Pretty cool.

Big win for Orlando away from home in overtime today. The series is now 3-1 Boston and Orlando avoids the sweep.

The Eastern Conference Finals is turning out to be quite the series. Boston wins two games in Orlando, then Orlando wins two games in Boston.

Lakers V Suns series tied 2-2.

Anyone watching game 2 of the finals? It’s a close game in LA in the 4th quarter.

yeah it was a good game. baby davis and rondo killed it.

Celtics for the win in 6

DJS. - 07 June 2010 02:16 PM

yeah it was a good game. baby davis and rondo killed it.

Celtics for the win in 6

Ray Allen was on fire.

I’m a Bulls fan, and would be cheering if we get a superstar next season smile

And agreed, Celts in 6.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lebron lands in Chicago.

Yeah I think Celtics will win the finals in 5 or 6.

Ray Allen broke the NBA record for the most 3s made in a playoff game. One of the best pure shooters of all time.

Interesting… Lakers win game 3 in Boston.

i was so upset.

Allen was like 0 from 15 from the feild.

Hopefully they can get the next one back