The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Western Sydney wanderers

Is anyone else joining as a member to watch all of the Western Sydney Wanderers games at Parramatta stadium? Is anyone else a fan of any other teams in the A league? should be a good season with a new western Sydney team joining. The aleague might actually get more than 23 fans . . .

Frothing for this season. Western sydney joining the league will be really, really good for it, I think. I’m on the central coast and am going back overseas in nov/dec, so membership isn’t really something I can consider. I will definitely be at the first game, though. Can’t wait!

Think they’ve done really well so far. The kit looks awesome, and were nearly at 1000 members just 2 days after launching memberships. Got a major sponsor for the shirts and whatnot too, its looking good!

I won’t have a “proper” club to support til death until they bring in a South Coast Wolves or Canberra team (never once sang along to Sydney til I die! couldn’t sing a lie) but am so convinced that the Wanderers being a success can boost the A-league incredibly that I’m happy to jump ship from FC. Supporting Syd FC was best for the A-league & football in general at the time and now I think supporting WSW is the best thing, so I’m happy to put my time and money into it.

The fact that my best friend’s brother is signed for the Wanderers from FC is a boost, although I’d already decided I was gonna throw my support behind the wanderers before I found out he was gonna sign with them.

Should be a great season!

Did you sign up for membership, redjames?

Yeah im a black member. I am selecting my reserved seat very soon. Its going to be a good season and I can see the a league adding more sydney teams in the future because of western sydney. Im heaps pumped for it

They better add Wollongong/South Coast Wolves and Canberra and probably Tassie first before adding in more sydney teams!

ok so WOAH!

If these reports are correct, then the wanderers may well be signing Michael Ballack in the coming days. My mouth is actually watering.

So glad I’ve already got tickets to the first wanderers game, the first Sydney FC home game and the first ever Sydney derby!

Ballack v Del Piero…..who woulda thunk it a couple of months ago? Gee I hope they pull it off!

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1121178/Ballack-bound-for-the-A-League

i saw this in the paper this morning at the coffee shop! i am sooo pumped for ballack to come to aus, he is one of my hero’s! if he does, im definitley in for the membership!!!!

I reckon Membership is pretty damn good value. Cheapest general admission one is $190 and you get 14 games, a scarf etc and free transport to and from the games. $95 for a student! So good!

If I lived in sydney and wasn’t going overseas, I’d be getting memberships for both clubs this year for sure. They play at home on alternate weeks anyway, I believe!

Yeah I heard about it last night that it was a go-er and then heard today that it wasn’t….then heard tonight that is definitely happening so who knows?! I really hope they can make it happen though!

Did anyone else go to the first game last night?

Got drenched in the rain and there were no goals but I still had a ball. Really enjoyed it. WSW played very well I thought, for a new team against last years minor premiers. Beauchamp and Topor-Stanley were rock solid at the back.

Mooy vs Rogic in the middle was a pretty enthralling battle. Two excellent young players there.

Ono was classy as expected when he came on.

Only Bridge & Kresinger that were disappointing, but hopefully they improve in the coming weeks. There were enough chances to win the match.

Overall I thought it was all very promising! SO MANY wanderers jerseys there. Was very impressed by that. Lots of families there as well.

Bring on the derby in 2 weeks!