The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What will you watch in the Olympic Games?

I actually started playin cause my Mum didn’t want me playin Rugby as it was too dangerous!!!!! Hahahhaaa!!!!!

Soo, Dad and one of his mates started Fairy Meadow Hockey Club, and 10 Premierships, rep in Illawarra, NSW, along with indoor and a few grade games, I later threw it in at the end of U17’s and just went surfin instead!!!!! (No such thing as water base back then)

When we had our daughters, we took them down to our local hockey club to see if they would like it!!!!! This was actually the staunchest opposition to the club that I had grown up with!!!!! Dad wasn’t impressed at all!!!!! Hahahhaa!!!!!

Later on, after assistin with the trainin at the girls club (was actually the boys club), I was asked to come and have a run!!!!!

Our first local artificial turf was sand based!!!!! If ya have never played on that, its a great idea not to!!!!! If ya hit the deck its like throwin yaself onto a belt sander that has 20 grit on it!!!!!

I’ve often thought of playin in a summer comp just for fun, but I don’t feel like gettin a knee replacement this early in life!!!!! Hahahhahaa!!!!!

My family still has hockey in their blood, and my brothers family travel the world playin!!!!! I’d rather play in the snow, even though I’m shithouse at it!!!!!

Oh, and I can relate to playin out west!!!!! I’m sure they deliberately picked the coldest places with the hardest earth available, and that’s where they built the grounds!!!!!

While we did have dodgy shin pads made from strips of bamboo if ya had them, mouthgaurds only came into play later on, the bigger we started to swing!!!!!

why don’t you give floorball a run, Mizu? I think they play it at the uni and maybe at Unanderra…more a social thing and no need to kill your knees!

xnonymous - 20 July 2012 01:00 PM

Had no idea there was BMX in the Olympics… I’ll definitely try to watch that.

yeah it is just new at these olympics, I believe.

cords - 21 July 2012 12:44 AM

Yeah, wasn’t it a demo sport at last years?????

And what is “Floor Ball”, cords????? Never heard of it!!!!!

definatly got to watch the bmx

Mizu Kuma - 21 July 2012 08:32 AM
cords - 21 July 2012 12:44 AM

Yeah, wasn’t it a demo sport at last years?????

Yes! I thought I was missing out on watching BMX all the other years, phew. I have no idea about the demo.

Ooh, what is this ‘floorball’ you speak of cords? smile

Mizu Kuma - 21 July 2012 08:32 AM

http://www.gongfloorball.com/about-floorball/

Have a read, there. Also details on that site about where they play and when. Its really, really fun!

Floorball looks like so much fun, reminds me of indoor hockey a lot. I’m gonna have a look around to see if there’s a place to play nearby smile Thanks cords!

Cant wait to watch the weightlifting, Klokov for gold!!!!