The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What will you watch in the Olympic Games?

I think I’ll check out Michelle Jenneke in the hurdles. Y’know, ‘cause, ummmmmm, I like hurdles?

[vimeo]45784191#[/vimeo]

Nope!

Never - didn’t get involved with Syd Olympics either. No interest in summer sport (unless skiing behind a boat!)

Winter yes - and fingers crossed all going to plan I will be seeing most of it live!

Geeez. With all that carry on, I was thinking “I hope she can run”.  LOL

Tills - 20 July 2012 01:52 AM

Geeez. With all that carry on, I was thinking “I hope she can run”.  LOL

I was thinking “WHO CARES if she can run!!!”.  cheese

Yeah, I have to admit, I was kind of thinking the same thing, but if you’re going to hog all the attention at the start like that, you’d better back it up.  LOL

I love watching the Olympics (Summer and Winter)

I won’t be watching much of it at all this time cause I’ll be shredding NZ for most of it!!!! .... Yeah baby!!!  dance

bracer - 20 July 2012 02:13 AM

I won’t be watching much of it at all this time cause I’ll be shredding NZ for most of it!!!! .... Yeah baby!!!  dance

Me too. You in Queenstown?

LOVE the olympics! I can’t wait. love watching EVERYTHING but especially gymnastics, diving, swimming, athletics, football…heck i’ll watch anything. Am looking forward to seeing the Australian coverage this year as last olympics, I was in Sweden and watched a whole bunch of swedes in the middle of the night, win nothing much at all! Did catch the odd aussie winning a swimming medal and Steve Hooker get the pole vault medal at 3am and struggled not to scream out loud next to my sleeping husband who hates sport!

I think we need to get another TV! haha

So, it turns out that Michelle Jenneke failed to qualify for the London Games. Meh, I can wait four years.  hmmm

I’ll probably watch swimming here and there whenever my family turns it on.

It seems that Michelle Jenneke’s pre-race warmup is rapidly becoming international news. I want to be the first person who gets in with a “throw a leg over” comment!!!

(y’know - hurdling)  tongue wink

I’m sure there’s a “pole vault” comment with my name on it too.

LOL  LOL

I will watch whatever I can but I’m very excited to watch athletics (mainly the sprint / hurdles / relay events), swimming, basketball and any event with Australian medal hopes. I will fit in as much Olympics as time allows.

Any event with an Australian will pretty much suck me right in. I don’t really have much interest in the events otherwise.

Except the boxing. I’ll watch as much of that as I can. Unfortunately they never seem to show much of the boxing.