The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

ASYMBOL - If you love snowboard art, you’ll love this

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it’s well worth a look. It’s a business project by Travis Rice to give back to the artists that have put their work on so many of those boards we love to ride, and the ones that we hang on our walls.

www.asymbolgallery.com

It’s a really cool concept, with high quality digital prints onto cloth canvas of snowboard art and snowboard photography. While the price may seem high to some, I personally believe that snowboarding is maturing enough that we can look at some of these pieces primarily as the art that they truly are, rather than “just a snowboard graphic”.

There’s some great pieces up already, and some even better ones still to come apparently. I got my hands on a “Blue Girl” recently and the quality is ridiculously high. I took it to the framer today and will post some pics when it’s hanging next to my 1998 Rippey 156.5. I miss her already!

Awesome site! Just looking at the artwork now… it’s incredible. Thanks for the link Andy!

Check out the options for giving perspective for the artwork. The predator! Jessica Rabbit (mmmMMmmMMmmMMm)

The Craig Kelly Mural is so sick! I want it.

I recognised the Blue Girl from the graphic on Jamie Lynn’s pro model from a few years ago. I didn’t realise he was the artist.

The photography, artwork, and the featured exhibit (I Am Snowboarding) are all incredible. Definitely some of the best snow related artwork I have ever seen.

I can’t wait to see more up there…

Thanks for the heads up, very cool site cool smile

Some really amazing work, if you have yet to check it out do it now! do it now!

rider26 - 23 February 2010 08:04 AM

The Craig Kelly Mural is so sick! I want it.

I recognised the Blue Girl from the graphic on Jamie Lynn’s pro model from a few years ago. I didn’t realise he was the artist.

The photography, artwork, and the featured exhibit (I Am Snowboarding) are all incredible. Definitely some of the best snow related artwork I have ever seen.

I can’t wait to see more up there…

Yeah, I was torn between the CK mural and the Blue Girl. I’ve been to the Stash Cabin in Tahoe and seen the original CK mural in person. Sadly it’s been graffitied by a whole lot of kids, so I’m really glad they’ve managed to save it in print form at least.