The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Australians get heaviest Alpine snow this year

Dan83 - 19 June 2012 10:33 AM

Thredbo only has Cruiser and High Noon open. Hopefully more is open next weekend…

Seriously they are advertising 6 lifts and basically two areas open? Crazy

Billy - 19 June 2012 12:07 PM

Deano will you be up there on the 3rd with K2?

No idea, at this stage i will say yes.

Sukah arrives in thredbo today, i told him he better keep us updated.

Doing the travers from gunbarrel is a good option but if it isn’t open only ride there on a rock hopper and expect to do some walking (or riding) on gravel and dirt

Seriously, they will open SlowGums ASAP and the Traverse Until then you will regret it.
Thrdbo’s patrollers have a better rep than Perishers i wouldn’t say they are harsh or unreasonable. whereas in P they have over the years developed a rep fir having the odd Nazi in the ranks

ozgirl - 19 June 2012 12:59 PM

Thredbo only has Cruiser and High Noon open. Hopefully more is open next weekend…

Seriously they are advertising 6 lifts and basically two areas open? Crazy

Don’t forget they run Kosi and Merrits for tourists/school groups etc!!!!!

Then Easy Does It/Gun Barrel/Cruiser/Rider T-Bar to service the boarders and skiers!!!!! (That’s my guess at what they will have runnin)

jacobees - 19 June 2012 12:33 PM

I’ll make sure I post up lots of pictures :D I get there Friday

r u heading to perisher or thredbo? if your heading to perisher we should meet up for a slide

I might go down on Monday. Had other commitments this weekend, end of term discos have been my main activity, at the second one now.

I’m remaining surprisingly calm considering the conditions.