The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What cars do you drive for snow

Waaaad up!!

So i’m in the market for a new car.. im downgrading.. something more economical and cheaper to run, however.. i need to ensure there is enough room for a snowboard..

SO.. just wondering what some of the smaller cars are that you guys are driving and how you go with storage space for snowboard + gear etc…

Looking at hatches mostly…

Cheers!

Not sure where to post this.. could be an unusual post…

So i’m in the market for a new car.. im downgrading.. something more economical and cheaper to run, however.. i need to ensure there is enough room for a snowboard..

SO.. just wondering what some of the smaller cars are that you guys are driving and how you go with storage space for snowboard + gear etc…

Looking at hatches mostly…

Cheers!

Jump on the bandwagon and get a Subaru impreza - oz, Tobi and I all have one!!
Mine and oz’s are identical - blue hatch…. Never had any trouble

I’ve got a ‘94 Subaru impreza hatch with roof racks. Its so perfect. I’ve had it since ‘05 and have had no major problems with it. (It only had 67,000kms on it when I bought it). Its got an 1.8 litre engine in it and when driving to the snow from wollongong with a car full of people and stuff, I figured it was running at about 10 or 11 litres per 100kms….which is pretty good, I reckon.
Back seats split into two and folds down so can fit heaps in the back or just put one side down for snowboards and fit people in the back as well. When I first got it, I got a mate to staple in a piece of tarp that was cut perfect to size to fit across the carpet in the boot, so all of the sand/other crap that inevitably ends up in the back is easy to remove.

I love my car. Whenever it dies, I’d seriously consider getting another, slightly newer one.

p.s. mine is red - so it goes faster than oz, tobi and billy’s wink

Good work cords! All the chicks here have the same car! Blizz, get onto it!! wink

Hahahaha yeah, I’d definitely get manual next time - the only thing is it doesn’t have too much guts. Good on petrol tho!

Yep the imprezza is an impressive car!! Hahaha!

So economical! Good if you wish to downgrade. I was worried going from an excel to a subby and that my petrol bill would go thru the roof. Yes it uses more petrol than the excel but the tanks are the same size so i don’t notice it as much.

I wanted a subby and my budget limited me - i wasn’t really looking at the imprezza but it turns out to be the perfect car for me.

Whilst the brand new ones are sexy they don’t have as much boot/wagon space as the classic!

What year imprezza’s you guys driving?

Mine is 03/04 Billy’s must be around the same - I paid $11k last august. with 120k

Subaru Impreza AWD hatchback would be your best bet I reckon, gets you to the snow without chains!  Give us an idea of how much you want to spend and that sort of thing mate, otherwise I would say get a diesel 4by dual cab ute!

Hey Pazza, the other one to look at might be the Suby Forester, little bit bigger then the Impreza, I almost bought an XT on a couple of occasions.

Such a boring family car tho!

And slightly more exspensive to buy and run grin

But yeah I was looking at one too.

Mika has one.

Where is that photo of all the Subbies at the Shred by the Lake??

Subaru needs to be a sponsor!

pazza - 17 June 2012 04:35 AM

Not sure where to post this.. could be an unusual post…

So i’m in the market for a new car.. im downgrading..

What’s your budget, and do you intend to buy new or used?

Had the original Impreza (Dual Range Leone) took it to the snow for my first ever time!!!!!

Taken a Forester that we had!!!!! Sweet as!!!!! (Plus as nthn said, a bit more room due to it’s “boxier” design)

Take the Outback now, It’s got roughly the same room as the Forester but bein a 3 liter goes like the clappers and great for overtakin!!!!!

In short,

AS EVERYONE IS TELLIN YA, GO SUBARU!!!!!  shaka

Another vote for an Impreza!!!!!