The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

captain howdy - 09 October 2012 04:13 AM

http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/10-japanese-customs-you-must-know-before-a-trip-to-japan/

all people travelling to Japan - please read smile

Ah yes because no one but you has ever travel to another country…

Sorry but that post did come across as a tad rude!

I don’t see it as rude. Heaps of people travel and have no clue and don’t even think to show any interest in this kind of thing.

everything in that list goes out the window in niseko. Australians go full australian there. Perhaps you should have written ‘All aussies travelling to parts of japan other than niseko-please read’

...pretty sure they are the exact people who need to be reading it.

There are ways to write things cords.

Not saying the article isn’t valuable but saying ALL PEOPLE must read prior to going to japan implies that no one knows this stuff and/or that we are too stupid to look it up ourselves.

Putting the link and saying “hey this is a get article on customs in japan"would suffice!

Even the title of the link is less insulting and just as succinct!

lol I just don’t see anything insulting about it. He didn’t say ‘hey all you stupid people, read this!’....and I’m 99% sure he didn’t mean it to be read as an insult.

Of all the insulting things written on this forum and the many that are intentionally insulting and that people don’t get called out on, I would never have picked this as being one of them!

im with cords
dont see it as insulting at all

there was no must in the sentence…there was a please though and a smiley face

let me re-phrase.

Here is a great article giving a few essential tips on Japan which are perfect for the first timer nervous about going to a non-english speaking country.

I would also strongly recommend that the legions of aussie bogans that pour into places such as niseko/hakuba have it tattooed somewhere on their body if they can find room alongside their southern cross and aussie pride tattoos.

I would also recommend finding articles similar to this on every place you travel to.

How was that?

Perfect grin

Can we get one for Bali as well?

trentradpants - 09 October 2012 05:09 AM

everything in that list should NOT go out the window in niseko. Lots of Australians are embarrassing and act disrespectfully there. You should have written ‘All aussies travelling to all parts of japan, you must read’

Maybe we need one for here too?????

Yeah, just as much for the people born here as anyone else.

No, pretty much for anyone that hasn’t got a clue!!!!!

No race credentials required!!!!!

I should also back up my comment by saying that pretty much any nationality when in a big group, especially guys, need to take heed. Australians and the English seem to be the worst at it though.

When i was last in Niseko 2005/6 ish i think - there was a huge Russian contingent that were pretty rawkus. They still there??

yep its true. Norwegians and Russians when they hit up the resort I used to work at in Sweden are pretty terrible.