The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

I fly out of Cairns (which I know is a long way from most of you on this forum) and Jetstar always has the best deals into Narita Tokyo .... atm they are $800 return but regularly go on sale for $400 return.

yeah Bracer as i said on the last page right now it is more expensive to fly Jetstar outta Sydney than it is to fly Qantas.

But for anyone right this moment is not a good time to buy any tickets to Japan cause there is no sale on anywhere!

Niseko is booked!!! 1-22 Jan 2013…  6am flight on the 1st of Jan - what the f@#k am I thinking?!? billy wink

Wooohoooo! Can’t wait shred

Woohoo!!!!!

You flyin JAL?????

Niseko booked
24th Feb - 2nd Mar
via korea air 1600 into Sapporo which isnt too bad with korea stop over

damn these airlines ......discrimination against taller/bigger people i tells ya…and skiers LOL

luggage allowance
for JAL—-no more than 203cm total dim
for korea air - no more than 158cm length
**edit..rang up second time…different person…..snowboards have excess length waved but must remain under 23kg grin

seems Qantas/Jetstar hasnt caught on and changed theirs yet

With the Aussie season well and truly winding down I really need to get my ass into gear for Japan 13.

I’ve sat down and written up a basic itinerary and at the moment it’s looking like I’ll be aiming for something like January 8th-26th 2013.

A rough split of a couple of nights in Tokyo, Shinkansen then 5 nights in Myoko, 7 nights in Nozawa (arriving for the Fire Festival) then Shinkansen back for a few nights in Tokyo again (going to try to get a ticket to the Sumos)

Now the tricky bit of finding suitable flights (probably J*) and finding accommodation. After last trip I’m going to pay the extra and get a private room. Don’t mind shared bathrooms etc (let’s face it I’ll be onsening 99% of the time) so if anyone has any suggestions of budget accommodation with private rooms for singles I’m all ears.

I have heard that gettin a ticket to the Sumo’s is near impossible?????

Although I have never looked into it myself!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 18 September 2012 04:08 AM

I have heard that gettin a ticket to the Sumo’s is near impossible?????

Although I have never looked into it myself!!!!!

Haven’t looked too much into it myself either. There seems to be a few websites where you can prebook tickets but they are a while off being on sale. They weren’t on last time I was in Tokyo but this year there seems to be a week long tournament on.

It’s not make or break for me but it would be another nice Japanese cultural experience to tick off.

good luck finding single (private) room…pretty much non existence at the snow fields

humdingaling - 18 September 2012 04:17 AM

good luck finding single (private) room…pretty much non existence at the snow fields

???

There are private rooms everywhere!

ok i lie
i did find some singles…they just weren’t cheap compared to twin/double

http://www.nozawaholidays.com/

Rates (per person per night)

Double/Twin Tatami – Share Bathroom – 7000 Yen
Double/Twin Tatami – Private Bathroom – 8500 Yen
Triple Tatami – Share Bathroom – 6000 Yen
Single tatami – Share Bathroom – 10000 Yen

Actually that is pretty cheap for a single room

Those prices above would be per person.  So 10000 Y for a single room vs 14000 Y for a double (7000 x 2)

I would be happy with that

there you go DRC
i found you some cheap accomo lol

thank me later =p…when your sleeping on the floor LOL *ahem* tatami

Im going to niseko from the 7th til the 25th jan. woooooo all accom cost me 850

Nice redjames! Where you staying?
Yup miz, flying JAL!