The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

A few laps at Park City with Torstein Horgmo

i love this guy so smoooooooooth

check it out at 2.45….they appear to have edited and put in the sound of him tapping the rail cos there seems to be thin air between his board and it!

^ How dare you question TH’s skills…..

Hahaha i cant really tell due to YT shit quality (and im on my tiny arse laptop)

One of my very favourite riders. Style for days…

cords - 10 June 2012 11:50 PM

check it out at 2.45….they appear to have edited and put in the sound of him tapping the rail cos there seems to be thin air between his board and it!

hahahaha i see what you mean i just did slow motion hahaha yeah he doesnt touch the rail at all ....

lol good eye cords.

rider26 - 11 June 2012 03:16 AM

One of my very favourite riders. Style for days…

He is my fav by Far.
So smooth.

hahaha I have a LOT of love for torstein, but my husband just pointed out when I was showing him and when we slowed it down, I saw he was right! Just thought I’d share.

I’ve watched this run on black winter for years now. I thought the same thing when I first saw it - in the black winter edit they add a “tink” to make the sound more clear. You can see when he hits it the heel edge of his board, and the nose starts to raise more. It’s easier to see in a good quality copy of black winter and using vlc to slow it down at least 5x

I don’t see the point of adding the sound if he didn’t hit it - especially when he has so much respect and credibility and such actions would loose that if proven to be fake.

Hard to tell from youtube but I have a better quality version at home will have to have a look.  Speaking of adding sounds, on Wednesday when state of origin is on watch it and tell me if you think they turn the crowd and field mic levels way up just as the player is about to get tackled, a mate and I were killing ourselves laughing at how obvious it was last game.

I have black winter at home as well ,killer vid.

and yeh i notice that in the S.O.O as well, they do a hit up and right before impact the levels go way up!