The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NEW ZEALAND 2012

but that is just me, who prefers to ride park and would spend every day at snow park if I could. ahaha

im thinking of getting a private park lesson at remarkables =D ...

why private? and why remarks? Do it at snowpark. In a group lesson you won’t have anymore than 3 or 4 other people and the instructors there are really, really good! and its miles cheaper! I’d be willing to bet that half of your precious and expensive lesson time at remarks will be spent going up that lift that services the park!

TC must be sick on powder days. everyone raves about it?

yeah powder days for sure, as long as it isn’t still tooooo windyyyy cos they close the other chair, which is where all the good stuff is!

TJswish - 24 July 2012 10:25 AM

So there is going to be like 4 of us in Queenstown at the start of August?

Meetup?

Ive got 23 days of open plans from the 2nd! keen to have a shred

Definitely mate. I arrive in Queenstown the 2nd morning and will be going straight up to coronet. How about 8pm World Bar meetup for anyone who wants to on the 2nd, I’ll wear a BW tee and a Yellow / Black Beanie.

Similar to this photo with Dolph and Finney (Me on the left)

cords - 24 July 2012 11:45 PM

why private? and why remarks? Do it at snowpark. In a group lesson you won’t have anymore than 3 or 4 other people and the instructors there are really, really good! and its miles cheaper! I’d be willing to bet that half of your precious and expensive lesson time at remarks will be spent going up that lift that services the park!

coz remarks dont do group park lessons..

snowpark id like to.. but dont have a lift pass for it.. so got to consider that plus the lesson fee.. and also the gf might not like it as it is all park terrain and want to do other runs..

its about 180 for 2-3 people for 1hr private lesson

Mint tours are offering an all day (6hrs) coaching session at snowpark for $300 ... Gets cheaper if you get more people together too.

jet star are having a 24hr sale…$99 flights to NZ plus booking fee. Travel between 1st august and 19th of september. If I had the money I’d jumping on that and heading over for a spring shred for sure!

TJswish - 25 July 2012 03:56 AM

Definitely mate. I arrive in Queenstown the 2nd morning and will be going straight up to coronet. How about 8pm World Bar meetup for anyone who wants to on the 2nd, I’ll wear a BW tee and a Yellow / Black Beanie.

Similar to this photo with Dolph and Finney (Me on the left)

Just checked, i land into QT on the 3rd :( Im thinking bright green hair for this years trip so you wont miss me out at night haha or on the hill

think i mite do the snowpark lesson and do a whole day there instead of bungy jumping.. heehe.. hopefully the gf agreess =D

nyteskye - 25 July 2012 12:10 PM

think i mite do the snowpark lesson and do a whole day there instead of bungy jumping.. heehe.. hopefully the gf agreess =D

man you should so do that! you can bungy jump when your old!  grin 
A day at snowpark is so damm fun. how good is your gf? there is a really small park there as well and a run with nothing in it. she might get bored if she doesnt want to try any of the little features though.

she could be in the lesson, too? if you go on a week day, there is a pretty good possiblity that it will just be the two of you in the lesson anyway?!?!

yeah she wants to give it a go.. but hopefully she will like it and land a few beginnner boxes n stuff to get her more into it..  were both intermediate boarders i reckon.. yeah we might be doing it on a thursday.. so hopefully it works out well