The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

A few dramas with my travelling buddy but we made it to the station. Ready for one last snow day for the season. Hopefully we find some nice runs around the slopes. Don’t mind hiking to find the right runs. Where is the rain forecasted??? I’m seeing sunny/frost. <1mm possible rain.

Any one else still around?

Northern Lights - 30 September 2012 12:46 PM

Where is the rain forecasted???

Mountainwatch. But don’t worry too much - they’ve been wrong, PLENTY of times.

. . . and evidently, they were wrong again this time.

I’ve had the best day of my season today. Really happy with how I’m progressing. Keep seeing a short guy in a board world jumper.

Probably Dylan

Today was a super fun day for me progression wise also. As the FV park is all that’s open I had to bite the bullet and start hitting the bigger features. Have now gotten very comfy going bigger and also…. Drumroll… After 2 years of trying very unsuccessfully to do hand plants, today It all clicked together. Stoked they kept the quarter up and running.

I’ll be back up there in the morning for our last day this year.

Banger - 01 October 2012 09:46 AM

Today was a super fun day for me progression wise also. As the FV park is all that’s open I had to bite the bullet and start hitting the bigger features. Have now gotten very comfy going bigger and also…. Drumroll… After 2 years of trying very unsuccessfully to do hand plants, today It all clicked together. Stoked they kept the quarter up and running.

I’ll be back up there in the morning for our last day this year.

Stoked for you Banger shaka

Northern Lights - 01 October 2012 03:41 AM

Keep seeing a short guy in a board world jumper.

RPS88a was also cruising around in his boardworld hoodie and I was rocking my tall tee. Caught up with Ozgirl, Dylan, Ashstix and her friend today. Was great to see them during our last shred from the season downer

drc13 - 01 October 2012 11:22 AM
Northern Lights - 01 October 2012 03:41 AM

Keep seeing a short guy in a board world jumper.

RPS88a was also cruising around in his boardworld hoodie and I was rocking my tall tee. Caught up with Ozgirl, Dylan, Ashstix and her friend today. Was great to see them during our last shred from the season downer

The guy in the boardworld hoodie we saw was with a chick, possibly learning the rails? I spent an hour and a half at the yabby flats boxes, learning 50-50 and boardslides, me and my mate [tall guy in a sky blue jumper] then headed to eyre and did a few runs as far right as we could. we gave directions on how to get as far across as we did, to a group of guys/girls that saw us end up down near them.

Then we rode down the back of mount P, untouched powdery run and hiked the mountain behind it and a little to the right. That was the best run i have down this year and was well worth the 1.5 hr hike.

Finished watching my mate try the first jump at FV and then a 2nd run through the HP.

Hopefully get a chance to board with some of you all next year.

deanobruce - 01 October 2012 06:01 AM

Probably Dylan

Yep sounds like you saw Dylan and AshStix.

ozgirl - 01 October 2012 11:58 PM

Probably Dylan

Yeah that’s probably who you saw…....... Ha ha!

nthnbeachesguy - 02 October 2012 12:14 AM
ozgirl - 01 October 2012 11:58 PM

Probably Dylan

Yeah that’s probably who you saw…....... Ha ha!

:giggle:

hahahha

well that’s it, season 2012 finished yesterday. rode until closing and completed the day with 2 successful hits of the bottom kicker on FV. i’ve never had the guts to hit it but yesterday was such a good day so i just went for it, first 2 came up short. 3rd time hit and washed out then 4 and 5 were a success, with a nice shifty on 4 and go pro onboard straight air last with NO window winding… that’s a good thing for me in the air for that long/high/distance.

i would really like to know for my own reference what the gap size currently is? anyone know? just so i know next time what i can clear…. given you had to run completely straight at it after the first kicker to clear it.

got some nice footage of SDV also having some fun in the park, this year was the least amount of park days for me pretty much ever. didn’t ride leichardt once when it was open. did a little bit of pipe and piper park with the crew but mainly pow days and cruising this year.

hope everyone else had a good one!

umm it was around the 60ft mark i believe when the shred was on, may have shrunk slightly with snow melt etc.