The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Northern Lights - 28 September 2012 02:41 AM

I’m guessing it must be pretty average/bad today due to Perisher lack of updates. Is the snow they are predicting likely to fall? Still contemplating the Monday red eye trip. Anyone there today?

Miserable weather - Dylan bailed after less than an hour!

Will let you know how it is tomorrow

I’m guessing it must be pretty average/bad today due to Perisher lack of updates. Is the snow they are predicting likely to fall? Still contemplating the Monday red eye trip. Anyone there today?

That and they are on skeleton staff right now so some days will go without updates.

My mate posted this photo today… doesnt rly show the resort just the village but you can get an idea of the weather, miserable and rainy!

ozgirl - 28 September 2012 03:34 AM

Miserable weather - Dylan bailed after less than an hour!

Will let you know how it is tomorrow

Would appreciate it smile

Yeap i bailed after 1 trip on the v8 and 1 trip on a t bar, it wasnt just cause of the weater tho, there was a few reasons;
1 weather
2 fv park was closed
3 quad and mt p (both) on wind hold
4 my binding fucked up and i keeps on jamming
5 i was soaking wet
6 beer just seemed like such a better option LOL

Nthn and OZ can you remind me ive gotta fix my binding when yous get here tonight, ill probably forget since ill be at the pub untill yous get here billy

Look i know they aren’t the most exciting people of the planet but go say hi to mum and dad and fix your bindings!

Oh, so it’s genetic then, oz!!!!!

hahahahhahahha oh no you didnt!

P.S. he is at their place now

Can anyone please update with today’s conditions? Looks like the weather can’t make up its mind. smile

?2012 was one hell of a snow season! The end of season shredit is all finished - check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPJ_cKj0oQ

Massive shout out to all the awesome crew who I’ve been lucky enough to share so many fun times with over the winter!

Today was a really interesting day weather/snow wise. It was very windy and cold but was puking down snow at times even at bullocks flat. The quality of the snow overnight was really good well some of the driest and lightest I’ve seen this season. There was plenty of ice patches which I suspect are a result of Fridays rain but if you could find the stashes of windblown snow it was heaps of fun. I particularly enjoyed around eyer tbar. Just got back from dinner and there was flurries in jindy.

deanobruce - 28 September 2012 09:02 AM

hahahahhahahha oh no you didnt!

P.S. he is at their place now

Haha

Yeah he only found out about the dramas this:-)  morning.

He had passed out on top of his bed in his undies!!!!

drc13 - 29 September 2012 10:59 AM

Today was a really interesting day weather/snow wise. It was very windy and cold but was puking down snow at times even at bullocks flat. The quality of the snow overnight was really good well some of the driest and lightest I’ve seen this season. There was plenty of ice patches which I suspect are a result of Fridays rain but if you could find the stashes of windblown snow it was heaps of fun. I particularly enjoyed around eyer tbar. Just got back from dinner and there was flurries in jindy.

Thanks for the update. Hoping I still manage the trip down for Monday. Travelling mate decided tonight that he was going to let himself be super whipped and is most likely staying home.

drc13 - 29 September 2012 10:59 AM

Hey mate sorry I didn’t catch you on Friday… What a day huh! We stayed until 1230- pretty much worst day this year for me….
But yesterday made up for it. We started with nice fun pow turns between the fv park and goats. Up to happy valley for a few before venturing over to mt p. rode there the rest of the day lapping an epic pow run from the triple towards international then onto the cat track back to the triple. Was some of the funnest pow laps I’ve had in a while. Back there today… Where you going to head?

Rain is now predicted for tomorrow.

freedom pass locked and loaded for next year yeeew