The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Hell yes!

Fingers crossed i get some fun on the hill and not inside doing first aid training!

Snow report for today where Spaz makes a cameo on the T bar - going under the tower in black

how can you tell?

he commented on it on facebook and said thats me

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Has anyone been down to perisher yet and can comment on the quality of the snow? It looks pretty good on camera and the video reports but you can’t really tell without a first hand report.

Also when will guthega, Blue Cow & smiggins be open?

hey Nake,
How long is a piece of string wink

Nah just kidding! We have been having a chat about that over here - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/5546/P60/

Possibly driving down on Friday from Canberra (weather depending) for a day trip, if snow/weather is good I might stay a night. Anyone in Canberra that wants a lift/split petrol let me know. Leaving early.

Why the short trip? Because I have shit to do on the weekend unfortunately :(

Bumping the season pass list!

rider
chucky
drc13
spaz
Redjames
Crackwhore
Andy
nthnbeachesguy
Ozgirl (am i the token girl??)
4ce_full
pyromaniac
cabletieperformance
adzam
DylanV
JazzaW

2.5 weeks before my first shred yeeeeew

Snow quality is average.
If you are familiar with man made snow you will know about average ie: cement.
Every thing that fell up to yesterday turned to slush then froze solid on Tuesday night. The dusting of snow was minimal and made no difference on groomed, open areas (Front Valley).

Yesterday morning was firm and fast, (don’t apply resort translation) it was good high speed groomed snow, not ice! - but on such a short run, useless! It started to softened at 10am.

Honestly don’t come down basing your decision on snow quality IT AIN’T POW!
Come down to get your first turns for the season - expect nothing more. if you like crowds come on the weekend.

Naked92 I take it you’ve never seen my videos?
My style is to try and show the snow conditions (not give my opinion - like resorts do) So you can make your own decision.
First vid for of 2012 should be done today some time (don’t hold your breath - I have lots to do today). But the first couple are always a bit sketch!

Spaz howse the park at this stage, still just nothing but rails?

Looking better than August last year!

Soooo just spoke to ummm… (lets not discuss that here)

Apparently on good authority that Mt P will be open. Quad to Mid Station. Zali’s at Blue Cow (and i suppose runs to get there!) Excellerator!

Sounds like a great start to opening weekend. Expecting an official announcement soon!