The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Cheers for the props guys!
Not sure exactly which smigs rock you’re talking about but there’s still heaps to jump off there - cliffs up to about 20 foot, little double cliff lines, gaps over trees, the cornice… Plenty of fun to be had!
Not a fan of the way blue cow park is set up this year but leichart is the bosssss!

Just to recap whose going down this weekend?  If I go I might be soloing it so someone to ride with would be good!

Me, Coop, Vetski, Blizz, Dark, Static,

im going as is jacobees for the w.e and the week

Are you patrolling Oz or are you riding?

Free Skiing tomorrow then Patrolling.

ozgirl - 15 August 2012 10:04 PM

Free Boarding tomorrow then Patrolling.

Fixed your post!

Think of the shred…..

Maybe DRC but Coop and I have had a very bad luck riding together!

It was agreed we stick with what we know this trip! (I am thinking of the shred here too!!)

yeah I might go all chucky-like here. Skiing doesn’t count as riding. Not to me, anyway. haha I of course recognise that others may differ in their opinions. grin

ozgirl - 15 August 2012 10:04 PM

Free Skiing tomorrow . . .

According to current skiing vernacular - that means you’ll be skiing park/pipe all day tomorrow.

cords - 15 August 2012 10:33 PM

Skiing doesn’t count as riding. . .

Well, common sense dictates it shouldn’t - but evidently, many skiers are lacking somewhat in that department.

cords - 15 August 2012 10:33 PM

yeah I might go all chucky-like here. Skiing doesn’t count as riding. Not to me, anyway. haha I of course recognise that others may differ in their opinions. grin

Actually I did mean riding as in snowboarding! But i am sick of arguing about this shit.

Chucky Free skiing means not patrolling - it is our term and nothing to do with competing.

I am done with this shit.

I wasn’t actually talking about anything you said, so apologies if you got grumpy cos of that. I was actually referring to when Nthn said “are you patrolling or riding?”

sozzles.

ozgirl - 15 August 2012 11:05 PM

Chucky Free skiing means not patrolling - it is our term and nothing to do with competing.

I realise that it means that to you patrollers - and you’re completely justified in your use of the term in that manner. I’m also well aware that, unlike MANY skiers, you actually know what you’re talking about in this regard. It’s just a shame other skiers refuse to take your lead, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the use of the term “freeriding” - which some appear to believe is the same as their distorted use of the term “freeskiing”.

I’m just pointing out that to the defacto ‘public voice of Perisher skiing’ (i.e. Perisher’s snow reporters) “freeskiing” (and/or “free skiing”/“free-skiing”) means something completely different. It also means something completely different to big mountain skiers compared to what it means to to park skiers. Well, basically - ask ten skiers, and you’ll probably get ten different answers. My point is that as skiers evidently can’t be trusted to keep track of their own terminology, they should stay the hell away from ours. Any skier who doesn’t fight to rectify the problem, only has themself to blame.

im gone 1 day and everyone starts to loose there shit, i know im missed but cummon tongue rolleye