The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Heya I’ve booked a bus from Sydney to Jindabyne and it arrives at the Lake Jindabyne Hotel at around 5 in the morning. I’ve never been to Jindy before… How do I get up to Perisher or the ski tube from there? Are there regular buses? Taxis? Thumb a lift?

Any advice?

Cheers shaka

You sure it doesn’t go on to Thredbo from there?????

Mizu Kuma - 11 July 2012 03:01 PM

You sure it doesn’t go on to Thredbo from there?????

haha…isnt he going to Perisher?

Pretty sure Mizu is right though….and it stops at the ski tube as well?

When do you get there? If you down this fri sat sun I can give you a ride to the ski tube from jindi.

If you want to hitch. about 100m down from the last roundabout in town is the place to hitch.
there is also a rideshare group on Facecrack.

Who else is down this Fri/sat/ sun?

anyone keen to hit some jumps while I film? meet up for some food/drinks. I am going down with 5 people but not sure if they will hit the park.

Hahahaa, you knew where I was goin!!!!!

You little mogul dodger you!!!!!

I’m pretty sure anti is lookin at the weekend prior to the start of the Shred?????

But yeah, the hitchin spot is like CRACKERS says, last roundabout out of Jindy, at Barry Way!!!!!

Just don’t wear what CRACKERS is wearin, and ya should make it up to the tube alive!!!!!

Yeah not sure of any buses that Terminate in Jindy. All of them go to the Ski tube and Thredders.

BTW Crackers I love the way that now (since it snowed) you are allowed your own Avatar Crackers and you still chose your true calling Skier!!

It was why you made that crazy bet you knew you were going to loose - you were sick of hiding your true self!

Rebuild of the Playstation park apparently

PlayStation Slopestyle Park  
Two lines featuring: REBUILD overnight with three jumps, more details coming.

Yep it’s the fri/sat overnighter from sydney for the weekend of the shred….

I would have thought it would stop at the skittube as well, but maybe cause it’s at 5:40 in the morning it stops somewhere a bit warmer….

The arrival info on the ticket says the dropoff is at “National Parks and Wildlife” opposite Lake Jindabyne Hotel ..

I’ll probably just try and hitch up with people going to work on the mountain. Maybe I’ll show a little less skin than crackers LOL

shaka

Which company is it with?

Let me know closer to the time and mum or dad could give you a lift maybe grin

I’m back home from my week at Perisher, Had a great time despite some setbacks but have come back with some pretty impressive damage to my ass (would it be inappropriate to post a photo???) and the man flu. I’ll try to post up a trip report when I get a chance.

antisense - 12 July 2012 12:08 AM

, but maybe cause it’s at 5:40 in the morning it stops somewhere a bit warmer….

Jindy at 5:40 in the mornin aint gonna be exactly warm!!!!!  LOL

And the bus terminatin at Jindy is super strange!!!!!

Like CRACKERS said it’s a 1000m from the hitchin spot!!!!! (Any car will do as they will either be goin Perisher or Thredbo, with Thredbo goin via the tube, although Perisher direct will save payin for the tube, donation to driver always appreciated regardless)

RED = Kosciosko National Park Visitors Centre / BLUE = Wolf Creek Visitors Centre

Sooo there is a bit of a crack down on Hitching this year.

There is now major No Stopping signs and lines on the road past the roundabout and I know one person who i work with (on the mtn) who had to do some creative talking to get out of being booked for picking someone up.

They also for the first time ever have a staff bus to take people up to Ski tube to discourage people from Hitching. I believe OH&S and the law has caught up with the resorts.

Dylan has a great idea though he goes to nuggets crossing for coffee in the morning and chats to people there and bums a lift that way.

I’m travelling with Greyhound…

Thanks for the offer Oz haha smile

I’m sure I’ll find a way up. Spewin to hear that there is crackdown on hitching. Sounds like hanging at the local breakfast/coffee joint and trying to smooze a lift from there will be the best bet. I don’t know if I’m keen to get your folks out of bed that early Oz hehe LOL

I know that Thredbo KT has a Troop Carrier that takes their Staff up the hill!!!!! Had it for a few years now!!!!!

Just had a look, and Greyhound go to Thredbo!!!!!

Have ya double checked with them, anti?????