The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

Got my Rad Uber gloves last week, thanks Boardworld shaka

A little bit devo with them though, according to the size chart I am a medium but they are huge on me. The colour is supposed to be ‘Hot pink’, definitely not hot, just pink. I was hoping for the same pink I got a couple years back on my smitten mittens.

A bit bummed but will just try make them work.

Oh dear. I’m sorry about that, Jenna. flushed

rider26 - 30 June 2014 06:38 PM

Oh dear. I’m sorry about that, Jenna. flushed

Nah Jez not your fault! The pic they have on their website is art, not the real thing and that is the colour I went by.

Sizing, well that is just a bummer!!

From STM

And i had to quickly exit the interwebs for a while because i almost pulled the trigger on this LOL

Very happy with my recent purchase. I’m due for new boots and always get Burton SLXs (the best boots easy, but they wear quickly). I would normally just go and buy them but this year’s colour way is so ugly (lime green) that I’ve been looking around online for a set of last year’s. The good thing about Burton boots is the fit stays the same for each model so it’s easy to buy them online. The only prob is I’m a 9.5 which is one of the most popular sizes and there’s not many around. So just before I go out and buy a new set I check eBay one last time and bam, there’s a set of 9.5s, brand new, going for cheap. I check out his other items for sale and he’s got a set of Burton Driver Xs and C60 bindings (awesome racing combo), brand new, also for sale. And he lives the next suburb over.

So I go around to check them out, skeptical that all this stuff is new, but find that it actually is. I make him a silly offer for the lot and he goes for it. So much stuff for almost half what I was going to spend on the 2014 SLXs!

MacPac Merino layering whoop whoop

AJ2theC - 18 July 2014 03:11 PM

Very happy with my recent purchase. I’m due for new boots and always get Burton SLXs (the best boots easy, but they wear quickly). I would normally just go and buy them but this year’s colour way is so ugly (lime green) that I’ve been looking around online for a set of last year’s. The good thing about Burton boots is the fit stays the same for each model so it’s easy to buy them online. The only prob is I’m a 9.5 which is one of the most popular sizes and there’s not many around. So just before I go out and buy a new set I check eBay one last time and bam, there’s a set of 9.5s, brand new, going for cheap. I check out his other items for sale and he’s got a set of Burton Driver Xs and C60 bindings (awesome racing combo), brand new, also for sale. And he lives the next suburb over.

So I go around to check them out, skeptical that all this stuff is new, but find that it actually is. I make him a silly offer for the lot and he goes for it. So much stuff for almost half what I was going to spend on the 2014 SLXs!

I hear you on the SLX. I have a new pair in the box ready to go for Whistler.

Tills - 22 July 2014 04:25 PM

So where do I place my order for Grass fed, sugar/soy free jerky??

Be interesting to hear how it goes. I hadn’t realised how affordable dehydrators were.

drc13 - 23 July 2014 01:01 PM

So where do I place my order for Grass fed, sugar/soy free jerky??

Be interesting to hear how it goes. I hadn’t realised how affordable dehydrators were.

I’ll have to get my recipe down pat. I’m going to start of making small batches with different recipes until I master a few that I like.

This one is a cheapy. $30 delivered. I know a few people who make it and all of them say you don’t need to spend much on the dehydrator.

Mmmm jerky

Here’s my latest purchase cheese 

Thanks Jeremy for hooking me up! Can’t wait for the shred so I can try it out!

Gnu boards are awesome! When I replace my B-nice I will be getting another Gnu for sure!

Got some Now IPO bindings a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately im not on the bandwagon, spent half a day riding them and I gotta say, not impressed swapped back to my rodeos and the Nows will be off to a new home!

Got some new mittens, Burton Profile Mitt. Can use them with a smartphone!