The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

*** Snow Travel Expo ***

So, who’s been to one?????

Do they really offer GREAT deals, or is it just a gimmick?????

Who’s goin to this one?????

http://www.snowtravelexpo.com.au/

pretty useless

expo is small
exhibits are as useful as…well websites have more info!

the only thing that caught my eye was the snowboard give away which you just sign up for and they “supposedly” sms you back if you won
surprisingly i did not win smirk

and some easy to install snow chains which were a bit too expensive for my liking LOL

I used to quite a bit when I was in my teens and early twenties.

I haven’t been in years as they have gone downhill IMO.

Most people do there research on the net nowadays. But there is usually great prizes! (which have also become net-centric!)

I pretty much got offered my job at winter park from their stand at one (yes a ski expo NOT a recruitment expo) and I also bought tix in the Thredbo Ski Patrol raffle when I was 14 and got 3rd prize! A pair of Rossi ski. But if anyone buys Perisher Ski Patrol raffle tix from anyone but me I WILL kick your arse!

But they can be great networking opportunities!

Glad this thread popped up as I was looking into this a few weeks ago. I was mainly keen if they had some brilliant deals on flights/packages overseas specifically Japan but by the sounds of it I won’t be bothering.

put it this way….they didnt have anything there that wasnt already online

humdingaling - 21 May 2012 04:16 AM

put it this way….they didnt have anything there that wasnt already online

I went in Melbourne on Sunday. Was pretty average. Although I found out about 2 things that I wouldn’t have seen or looked for normally. 14 day trecking expedition in Antarctica LOL (more ski based but I’d get a spit board, if I was going to do it) looked pretty epic and some 14 day guided back country tour in Gulmarg/Kashmir/Himalayas etc. But yeah, most of the stuff you can find on the net. Not bad if you have nothing else to do though.

I’ve been before but mainly to promote Boardworld. I might head down to the Sydney expo this weekend. Anyone else going?

I was thinkin about goin, but by the looks of the feedback I think that I’ll go to work instead!!!!!  downer

Nuh, come! We can meet at Sizzler. LOL

Just don’t bring Michelle then!!!!!

I think she gets jealous when we hug?????  LOL

Mizu Kuma - 21 May 2012 06:10 AM

I was thinkin about goin, but by the looks of the feedback I think that I’ll go to work instead!!!!!  downer

hey Mizu - it is about the only way you will win a comp without facebook!

ozgirl - 21 May 2012 06:45 AM
Mizu Kuma - 21 May 2012 06:10 AM

hey Mizu - it is about the only way you will win a comp without facebook!

Even without FaceBook I have always been a Winner, oz!!!!!  smirk

How was the rail jam for anyone who attended?

Im going, well im actually writing this on my phone from darling harbour haha
I was driving to canberra on monday anyway and i saw it in the transworld mag today so i packed my gear and drove down haha
Any good snow stores around here?