The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Billy’s Opening Weekend Countdown!

Well todays forecast looks a lot healthier, reckons there might be 20cms over tomorrow and Staurday which is very welcome.  Spaz I assume a drenching will be good as it will sink into the ground and freeze overnight making the ground nice and cold so anything falling as snow will more likely sit on top and not melt?  The BOM is calling for 10mm of rain today and overnight before turning to snow so although it’s not a drenching it should help, fingers crossed at any rate!

Thats right.

static_22 - 23 May 2012 10:41 AM
Billy - 22 May 2012 10:46 PM

17!

It’s getting so close!  ollie

crikey, a little over 2 weeks, I said to myself back in march id work on my fitness and lose a couple of kg’s before the season start, looks like i was tellling myself porky pies, Oh well, ill start tonight!!

trentradpants - 23 May 2012 11:26 PM
static_22 - 23 May 2012 10:41 AM
Billy - 22 May 2012 10:46 PM

17!

It’s getting so close!  ollie

crikey, a little over 2 weeks, I said to myself back in march id work on my fitness and lose a couple of kg’s before the season start, looks like i was tellling myself porky pies, Oh well, ill start tonight!!

Oh thank god someone else did this!

I haven’t been to my trainer since the end of last season and i have fallen off his text message list! At least once a week he made me feel guilty!

I haven’t done anything to improve my fitness.
I figure know I’m riding Perisher I wont notice, since I’m used to Thredbo I’ll struggle to get a thigh burning run all season.

I have been eating well but haven’t done as much as training as I would like, actually would have been perfect if the season had started 2 months ago for me, I was doing a lot of soft sand running and was actually pretty fit.  Going for a beach run in the dark doesn’t really attract me but if nothing else will keep up my weights and start some daily stretching to help!

Im in peak physical condition…

Haha well im the fittest i have ever been anyway (apart from my academy of sport rugby union days) so i think im ready for whatever the season can throw at me (apart from injuries…)

Skating 3-6 times a week will have a massive effect on my conditioning for snowboarding. My legs are probably in the best shape they have ever been in. More muscular than when I was working at a gym for 6 yrs, or when I was doing 15hrs of training a week for tennis as a teen.

I know I am gonna cop it first time out, I am pretty healthy at the moment but I know my legs aren’t ready for it. I think I need a bike to get em going lol

Right that’s it!

I need to start riding my bike to work. Just suck it up princess and do it!!

If I want to get my training wheels off by the shred getting fitter is my only chance!!

Snow sighted at Buller

Knowing buller they hired a tractor with a spreader and filled it with baby powder and drove it in the cams view to get people excited haha

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 24 May 2012 06:40 AM

Knowing buller they hired a tractor with a spreader and filled it with baby powder and drove it in the cams view to get people excited haha

LOL at least it would smell nice!

LOL

The best thing about these systems is the anticipation!

I want to go to bed just to wake up tomorrow and see what we got overnight!