The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

june long weekend anybody ???

yeah I don’t play for serious though. I hate the commitment of twice a week training and game on the weekend. If I was like Crackers and got paid to do it, I’d do it for sure, but I have way too many other interests (plus a husband that hates competitive sport) to balance with taking sport seriously! I’ve purposely played low grades or joined teams that already have heaps of people the last couple of seasons. I just dropped out of my soccer team this year though because I’ve only been able to play 4 games so far….Rego is too expensive to be missing that many games + $6 match fees every game.
Just playing soccer5s now instead. I like it better than outdoor, anyway.

oh yeh i get ya,

The problem is i could play lower grade, but im waaaaay to competitive so i would end up playing first grade again. and that equals no snow time and we cant have that!

im not playing league this year as its my first time with a season pass and i figure bit of a waste if i dont use it properly on weekends…
and not playing winter baseball either.

Yep, when you get older weekend sport sucks! Takes away from billy time!
I play vegie domestic on Mondays and A grade on Thursdays… actually, I think we went up a grade on Monday… The old farts are the nastiest! So competitive!!!

Whose in for where

Perisher
Ozgirl

Going to Perisher, will probably be on my Pat Malone at this stage.

Oh - does the Missus not want the boots then?

Yeah she does but she has to work this weekend, will pick them up this weekend if that’s ok, she can try them on through the week and if they don’t fit will drop them off again the following the week.

BTW have you found out what will be open this weekend????

Oh shame!

No probs - a pub hand over on Saturday night then?

haha just saw your update. Nah haven’t heard anything :-(

Perisher Fri - Mon woooohoooo!

I just tried to call dad to get an update. He just rejected my call! I didn’t even know he knew how to do that!

Bastard!

I would say your Dad didn’t know and just stuffed up answering.  Yeah I’m partial to the Banjo for a few Kozzy pale ales but would prefer to pick em up then have a few beers as otherwise they’ll be a pain to carry around. 

Who is going to be around to go riding with, a mate of mine is a maybe but the term herding cats comes to mind.

im going down with the fam for the weekend will be at the station and going to perisher for maybe hafla day friday but sat and sunday and maybe halfa on monday. ooooba keen!

nthnbeachesguy - 06 June 2012 12:35 AM

I would say your Dad didn’t know and just stuffed up answering.

He did! when he finally called me back I answered the phone with “did you reject my call?” and he giggled like a kid and said yes!

Shit head!

He had no news but i have heard that mtn ops are working extra hard to get other stuff open!

And remember Patrol have the final say and they are usually on skeleton staff at this time of the year! I am guessing I am going to be doing a lot of Look see’s on Saturday.

Yeeewwwwwww

Because of the afore mentioned behavior I may have to steal dads ski’s for said rock hoping!!