The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NZ 1st ever trip

Thanks for all the info guys…

If staying in QT or Wan… what would be the best places to look at?

ozgirl - 28 April 2012 11:15 PM
humdingaling - 28 April 2012 12:58 PM

...aka a lot of my female friends

Careful there buddy!!!

Most magic carpets don’t have ticket checkers on them and pretty sure they now don’t have the RFID on them either.

hahahah didn’t meant to offend
i did say MY n00bie female friends compared to the n00bie boys….generalising on their learning curve

having said that i know fit chicks that picked it up faster than i did lol

anyway…perisher has RFID for the magic carpet
i know this cause i was using it last season while training up my gf

pazza - 29 April 2012 04:20 AM

Thanks for all the info guys…

If staying in QT or Wan… what would be the best places to look at?

Check out Skimax if your not keen on organising everything yourself. They have good deals on accom etc. and you 5% off for boardworld members i think

I have stayed at Peppers Beacon (5 star penthouse) which was beyond epic, spa opn balcony etc. but was $$$ and last time we stayed at rydges which was cheap. Just depends on your budget etc.

Last time I stayed there I stayed at a backpackers, with my married only two days earlier friends, the brides mothers and father, and about 20 of us in total. I need to find which one it was as it was pretty close to centre of town and really good.

The time before that which was 2000 I stayed at what is now The Heartland Hotel and then have renovated it and it looks quite nice! Good location and goods rooms etc. I would certainly go back there.

It was Base Backpackers on Shotover Street…

There you go between Deano and I we have covered all budgets grin

We actually got to stay at Peppers Beacon on a backpackers budget.

Long story short;

-We booked some cheapish hotel
-Hotel decided to do Renovations on the dates we had booked
-So we got upgraded to Peppers Beacon basic room
-They double booked our room so we got the pent house for around $60 pp per night

Upon our return we checked out the room rate for the penthouse…it was scary!

Bargain of the century!

I swear you have all the luck!!!

Depending on how many people are making the trip, renting holiday houses per night/week can be an affordable option.

http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz
http://www.bookabach.co.nz/