The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ideas for contests this winter season…?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you have killer ideas for any contests or promos we could run this season?

Thanks to our incredible sponsors we have a lot of gear to give away again.

The standard contests will be back: photography, short film, graphic design, weekly member prizes etc.

We really want all the promos and contests to be fun and encourage involvement on the forums.

Any ideas?

Just have one where I win all the prizes?????

Piss off Mizu!!!!!!!!!!1

Hells yeah to the sponsors!!!!

Have a theme for best dressed on one of the days!!!!!

You just wanna put on a dress again!!!!!

Maybe ya can get spaz to do ya makeup!!!!!

We have a few new sponsors (for snow, skate and surf) which we will be announcing soon.

maybe with the new perisher pass system you could do most days on the hill? different categories such as weekend warrior and full season people.

not sure if you get my idea but i think it makes sense lol

Not everyone is from the Perisher side, Rick!!!!! (I think Warren got confused and thought it was just for the Shred, but it’s for comps throughout the season!!!!!

Maybe a Resort Comp though, Best Resort Team Effort in different categories?????

Rick has some good ideas tho.

We could still do days on hill (any Sth Hem resort) Perisher will make it easier to prove for some people.

I like the Weekend Warrior idea wink

Did you really say Member of the week??? Woot Woot!!

Dark suggested one of who can find the most existing Boardworld stickers, scavenger hunt style? LOL

treasure hunt, where riddles are posted in different sections and users have to read threads and search the forum to find the treasure..

Yeah or a treasure hunt at the shred. Kinda like the Oakley one in Whistler, tickets for different items are hidden over the mountain, and then everyone’s told the general area’s that they are hidden.

ozgirl - 21 April 2012 04:37 AM

Yes I did. smile

I think this season we will give away a ‘Member of the Week’ prize every week for the entire season. There won’t be any specific category i.e. most helpful. Just a deserving member each and every week.

At this point it will probably be a $150 prize of choice.

What do you guys think?

We were also thinking about a treasure hunt idea of a different style. Kind of like an online / social media type treasure hunt where you have to do set tasks within a set amount of time to progress to the next challenge. Last standing members wins it all. Thoughts?

rider26 - 21 April 2012 06:33 PM

Yes I did. smile

I think this season we will give away a ‘Member of the Week’ prize every week for the entire season. There won’t be any specific category i.e. most helpful. Just a deserving member each and every week.

What do you guys think?

very generous!!

rider26 - 21 April 2012 06:33 PM

Yes I did. smile

What do you guys think?

Ooooh, awesome!!!

Awesome!!!

To both the member of the week and the Treasure Hunt you describe.