The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Best Quotes ?

Which 2 are you doing this year?
I did Pe last year and got a 41. Not too happy because it gets marked down…
we should probs move this off the thread. just pm me.
cheers

Haha, firend told me this one today:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.”
and another one
“The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on” <—This seems very true

Two of my old time favourites and when you think about it, full of wisdom:

“The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity..” Harlan Ellison

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” Robert Frost

Great quotes and definitely overflowing with wisdom.

tks nic…i like the man who smiles quote…have sent that across our office and i can see it being used more than once…

nic - 12 August 2009 06:54 AM

“The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on”

That is Gold, with your permission, I will use that many times.

He who throws dirt loses ground.

snowslider - 12 August 2009 08:35 AM

Or for a politician, ‘he who slings mud loses ground’

“The basic rule of human nature is that powerful people speak slowly and subservient people quickly because if they don’t speak fast nobody will listen to them” -Michael Caine
“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” - Oscar Wilde

“The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

nic - 12 August 2009 09:04 AM
snowslider - 12 August 2009 08:35 AM

Or for a politician, ‘he who slings mud loses ground’

Same thing.
Well, I guess the same intention and meaning behind it.

The glass is neither half full or half empty. Its twice as big as it needs to be.

Tobi - 07 July 2009 03:53 AM

American beer is like sex in a canoe, it’s fucking close to water.

That’s great. That an oiginal or a mainstream one?

Ladies are like mobile phones; they like to be held, and even talked to. But if you press the wrong buttons, you’ll get disconnected

Nic - Scented anything never smells like it is supposed to.