The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

i dunno what to do

Hey Guys i really need your help,

since i had issues with my burton SLX boots i am contemplating buying new boots i went and saw Rob from stm and he recommended me to get burton hail which they look nice and they are the shoelace system which apparently he recommends more over the fast system and he thinks it will be better for my foot.

now what i need to ask you guys is this do you think i should give another go on SLX and see if i can just break them in or do you think i should go with new boots, the reason i am wondering on what to do is what happens if i get the boots and i still have same problem.

i spoke to Rob as well and there is not much that he can do to the boot as BURTON SLX where made just to be warn apparently and he said that he cant mold them or even punch them basically he said that there is not much he can do.

i know at the end of the day this is all up to me and blah blah just looking for some ideas/recommendations on what you guys would do.

Thanks Heaps.

I’ve always just bought boots that fit me and never really had issues… I’ll let the more experienced boot people handle this one. Jeremy / CJ / Other Store Workers?

Thanks TJ,

No worries, glad I could increase my post count. smile

Copy and paste from the other thread:

Considering the pain you’re in with the SLX, and what Rob has told you (I trust his judgement), I would strongly recommend getting new boots.

Finney rides in Burton Hails and he really likes them. He even mentioned buying a new pair of the same boots before the end of the season.

I hate to say it man, but cut your losses and get something that works for you…

Aight no more talk about this, new boots it is. Cheers

Get boots that can be moulded and I cannot recommend getting footbeds done as well.

Azz - 12 April 2012 09:20 PM

Get boots that can be moulded and I cannot recommend getting footbeds done as well.

So you dont think he should get footbeds done?  tongue wink