The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

GoPro HD Hero 2 mini group buy

Mizu Kuma - 03 April 2012 11:00 AM

Maybe a post/link in the social section will catch others attentions?????

EDIT : I psoted one on ya behalf, Mud!!!!! (hope ya don’t mind?????)

sweet, cheers mate

Mudhoney - 03 April 2012 11:04 AM
Mizu Kuma - 03 April 2012 11:00 AM

Maybe a post/link in the social section will catch others attentions?????

you’re smarter than you look raspberry

Wait a minute, let me go and check!!!!!

Hey man im keen as…...... Just let me know price and what date you are thinking of getting it cheers

Warren Chapstick - 04 April 2012 09:54 AM

Hey man im keen as…...... Just let me know price and what date you are thinking of getting it cheers

Ok.  Price is TBA but should be somewhere around $320 to $340 I would say.  I hope we can do the deal next week, but will depend on numbers of people willing to commit.

i am not sure how many might be interested i have found a place in Melbourne where they sell retractable pole mounts well if we buy group of 10 i can get them for $24 plus $10 shipping =$250 TOTAL Price. once again purchase receipt can be posted to see the price ( i am not sure about warranty or anything around that department i can ask)

If i am not allowed to post this please remove the post but this is not INTERNATIONAL this guys are from Melbourne.

204gram heavy i believe he said.
up to 20cm extends

Mudhoney - 04 April 2012 10:36 AM

Ok.  Price is TBA but should be somewhere around $320 to $340 I would say.  I hope we can do the deal next week, but will depend on numbers of people willing to commit.

No worries mate

ok, I’d like to get moving on this, so can we see who is definitely in (assuming price is in the expected range ie. $340 or less)?

Warren Chapstick - 05 April 2012 12:47 AM
Mudhoney - 04 April 2012 10:36 AM

No worries mate

can i count you as a definite, WC?

Sorry I havent really kept up on this but how many people are getting them and wat do we think we’ll be paying?

Does the standard come with a waterproof casing?

What accessories are available?

How long will it take to get em?

Blizz,

we look to have 3-5 people with solid interest so far.  We expect to be paying in the $320 to $340 range but depends on how many people we can get.  You’ll find this is a very good price if you go searching on Shopbot and is even better than you will get from eBay grey-market sellers.

Yes, waterproof case is standard with all models.

Take a look at the GoPro website for a list of accessories.  You also need to check out which model of the cam you want; Outdoor, Motorsport or Surf.  The only difference is the set of mounts that are packaged in.

Not sure on timing yet, depends on stock levels at the place we’re talking to.  I’m hoping we finalise our numbers in the next day or two then go back to the shop to see what they can do.

Cheers,

Mud

Well we’ve only ended up with 3 definites.  For that number of cams the best price I could get was $349 tax inc each.  I’m a little disappointed I couldn’t haggle them down to $340, but the price is still very good compared to other retailers and eBay.  I’m asking the shop to provide 3 quotes:

for me: cam (Outdoor) + anti-fog + front helmet mount + spare battery + option for SD card
for barber: cam (Motorsport) + chest harness
for Warren: cam (Outdoor)

I don’t want to bust this bubble but I think your are getting what is soon to become the retail price for this camera.

spaz - 13 April 2012 04:13 AM

I don’t want to bust this bubble but I think your are getting what is soon to become the retail price for this camera.

could be, however I’ve been hanging off since Christmas and I’m sick of waiting.  I want to get familiar with the camera well before July.

Heh, guy has just written back to me.  They’re going to do $340 after all.

Mudhoney - 13 April 2012 04:49 AM
spaz - 13 April 2012 04:13 AM

could be, however I’ve been hanging off since Christmas and I’m sick of waiting.  I want to get familiar with the camera well before July.

The price will always get cheaper, and the technology will always get better!!!!!

I’m like you mud, get the thing now so ya can have a play and don’t have to stuff around later!!!!!