The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SkiCity Melbourne

Has anyone gotten a chance to check this out?

http://www.skicity.com.au/

Now that City Snow Park is gone this might be the next best thing.

Year long riding in Melbourne.

If they’re trying to appeal to both skiers AND snowboarders, it’s a stupid business name.

*sigh*

Carpet boarding…....  really?.......

I guess it would appeal to some, but no me :/

AHAHAHAHA treadmill boarding! Hilarious.
God for people that want to learn though.

I haven’t figured out how they get the little jump on there. Do they just drop it on the carpet??

Oh Dear

Umm… what happened to City Snow Park?

rider26 - 02 April 2012 05:23 PM

They sell carpet now!!!!!

i havent clicked on the link, judging by the comments here i wont be!

Carpet boarding, nuff said

rider26 - 02 April 2012 05:23 PM

Don’t quote me on this but, the lease ran out I think and they weren’t getting enough money/no sponsors. So they closed it. Which sucks coz me and a few mates went down there every other week.

They had a 4 year lease didnt they?
But they ran out of money, so i heard

I can’t see Skicity being too much fun for any semi-accomplished boarders/skiers.

I guess it has merit as a coaching venue for beginners, but apart from that it has no appeal for me.

City Snow park was kind of the opposite end of the scale for me. Great for those who are handy in the park, but it didn’t offer much else.

I’m most excited about All Seasons out at Calder. That seems to offer the best all-round experience. It’s taken a bit longer than expected to get off the ground, but they still seem pretty hopeful that it’s not too far away.

The site hasn’t been updated in a while - there’s more info in Facebook- but a link to the site is below.

http://www.skiingandsnowboarding.com.au/index.php

Ya, I can’t wait for the all seasons ski resort! Even though it is still carpet boarding. An actual slope using gravity is a lot more inspiring than a treadmill. Still I am craving snow.

And on a personal note, Snow Monkey will be opening a new shop next to SkiCity so you can try your gear before you buy it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is, the subtle cross promotion LOL

I thought that a “Segway” was supposed to be seamless?????

Haha, yes…very subtle.

But in all honesty I haven’t even been there yet and was curious if anyone had.

how funny- suck if you caught an edge and hopefully the guy on the control box stops it before you slide up into the little wall