The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Updated - Where bouts ya gonna lay ya Shred Head?????

Mizu Kuma - 27 April 2012 10:00 AM
static_22 - 27 April 2012 08:53 AM

I just watched the video from the 2011 Shred. Damn that looks like so much fun. I’m so keen to go. However, after watching you all board, I’m going to look like the biggest derp n00b! raspberry

Also K2’s stack was massive! Wow!

Mate, all will be sweet!!!!!

After we run ya through the nooby “Snow Ball of Death Gauntlet”, all will be fine!!!!! As long as the medics give the ok that is!!!!!

Allowed!  cheese

Bringing this to another thread…

Mizu Kuma - 30 April 2012 12:14 AM
ozgirl - 29 April 2012 11:56 PM

Azz I think it is about $50 rtn per person.

Don’t stress about it now - Mum is keen to be rewarded for doing drops up the mountain. We just have to figure out where to park everyone’s cars.

There was some talk about havin a night at the Station though?????

If we do, then we will need a return tube ride?????

Pretty sure that ya get a cheaper rate when booked with ya lift pass????? (I might be wrong)

And the discounted lift pass has to be purchased before the end of may!!!!!

That’s up to everyone else - but to be honest I am not that keen to go to The Station, When the majority of the people decided to stay at the Sundeck i decided to as well - to be with the group. If that was the case I should have got a night on the Friday at my lodge next door to the Sundeck and stayed at mum and dads on the Saturday night.

The logistics and cost of getting so many people to the Station will be a nightmare, So people (who don’t have skitube season pass) will be paying $50 for one rtn trip (arrival and departure day) and then another $50 for a Saturday night out. Also we get dinner included at The Sundeck so what time would we leave to go down?

ozgirl - 27 April 2012 12:10 PM

I just watched the video from the 2011 Shred. Damn that looks like so much fun. I’m so keen to go. However, after watching you all board, I’m going to look like the biggest derp n00b! raspberry

After we run ya through the nooby “Snow Ball of Death Gauntlet”, all will be fine!!!!! As long as the medics give the ok that is!!!!!

Allowed!  cheese

Hahaha… I can’t wait!!! Is it too early to start a countdown yet??? I’m just spewing I can’t get Friday off work. Someone better have a cold one waiting for me!!
(Can I even get up to the Sundeck at that time?? Around 9pm)

There is a commercial sized fridge already earmarked as Billy’s private beverage station

deanobruce - 30 April 2012 12:55 AM

There is a commercial sized fridge already earmarked as Billy’s private beverage station

Bang! billy

ozgirl - 30 April 2012 12:40 AM

Don’t stress about it now - Mum is keen to be rewarded for doing drops up the mountain. We just have to figure out where to park everyone’s cars.

Pretty sure that ya get a cheaper rate when booked with ya lift pass????? (I might be wrong)

That’s up to everyone else - but to be honest I am not that keen to go to The Station, When the majority of the people decided to stay at the Sundeck i decided to as well - to be with the group. If that was the case I should have got a night on the Friday at my lodge next door to the Sundeck and stayed at mum and dads on the Saturday night.

The logistics and cost of getting so many people to the Station will be a nightmare, So people (who don’t have skitube season pass) will be paying $50 for one rtn trip (arrival and departure day) and then another $50 for a Saturday night out. Also we get dinner included at The Sundeck so what time would we leave to go down?

I have to agree with Oz, anyone who is just staying for the weekend is probably going to ride until at least 4 to get a good day in. Then if we were to catch the tube, you are looking at 30 mins on the tube, then finding enough room in cars to get to the station which then takes another 30 mins we are looking at 6 o’clock. Then we have to leave by 11 to get the last train back which means dessy drivers, another hour of travel and getting back to the sundeck late.

Not to mention the extra $50 or so we would all have to fork out etc.

Personally I’d prefer to agree to all finish on the mountain on Sunday just after lunch and then go down to the lake with a couple of fishing rods and grab some fish and chips etc.

Billy - 30 April 2012 12:55 AM
ozgirl - 27 April 2012 12:10 PM

Allowed!  cheese

Hahaha… I can’t wait!!! Is it too early to start a countdown yet??? I’m just spewing I can’t get Friday off work. Someone better have a cold one waiting for me!!
(Can I even get up to the Sundeck at that time?? Around 9pm)

Tubes on the hour at that time of year so 9pm on 10pm

Deano/K2 - Where are you guys going after the Sunday? Hotham? Or are you staying up there?

TJswish - 30 April 2012 12:57 AM
ozgirl - 30 April 2012 12:40 AM

I have to agree with Oz, anyone who is just staying for the weekend is probably going to ride until at least 4 to get a good day in. Then if we were to catch the tube, you are looking at 30 mins on the tube, then finding enough room in cars to get to the station which then takes another 30 mins we are looking at 6 o’clock. Then we have to leave by 11 to get the last train back which means dessy drivers, another hour of travel and getting back to the sundeck late.

Not to mention the extra $50 or so we would all have to fork out etc.

Personally I’d prefer to agree to all finish on the mountain on Sunday just after lunch and then go down to the lake with a couple of fishing rods and grab some fish and chips etc.

And if we do that timing we miss the dinner that we have essentially already paid for.

Sunday idea sounds great TJ!

Don’t do that!! That means I’ll only have one day of riding!!! downer ^^^

Billy - 30 April 2012 01:05 AM

Don’t do that!! That means I’ll only have one day of riding!!! downer ^^^

1.5 days - but yeah that does suck for those who are only there for 2 days!

I don’t need to go down to the lake - I will ride with you!

Billy - 30 April 2012 12:59 AM

Deano/K2 - Where are you guys going after the Sunday? Hotham? Or are you staying up there?

There was talk of riding in mexico on the way home, which i am up for. Will know more when i talk to K2 tonight

Mizu Kuma - 23 April 2012 09:51 AM

Up to a head count of 47 so far!!!!!

This will be off the richter!!!!! dance

Make that 48 b.tches!

I agree with oz on this one. We are doing this trip on a strict budget so don’t wanna miss a dinner :-(