The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Yep smile Whistler will be my first season working.  I’m graduating Uni end of this year so I’m looking to do something pretty big before I take on my graduate job.  Looking to travel a little after the season as well as work as given me up to 6 months to “get the travel thing” out of my system ha.

Haha!

Yeah a lot of places have started letting people defer. Pretty smart IMO!

Can you believe i have had a few knock backs for jobs in the past cause they are scared I am going to up and travel again. No matter how many times i have told them i am too old/ran out of visa options!

Yea, when I started this job straight after my snow season, they actually told me that it was likely I’d up and run back to the snow after 6 months… I told them I wanted something permanent. I ended up getting it but it was a bit of a pain at the time…

Ouch, well i’m hoping that doing what i’m doing will be good for me in the long run.  And tbh 6 months off after enduring school+uni with no gap year is really appealing ha.

I don’t think it is that big of a deal if you don’t end up going back to your job, anyway!

Lachstock - 26 March 2012 06:40 AM

Ouch, well i’m hoping that doing what i’m doing will be good for me in the long run.  And tbh 6 months off after enduring school+uni with no gap year is really appealing ha.

With a uni degree, you should be fine. Just say you needed a break if anyone asks…

or you just offer to take the job at a few grand less than they are offering… it sucks to not make as much money but if you are in dire straights, it generally shows your sincerity.

In my case, now that I have had a job since the snow, my resume reads:

Job 1 - 2005 - september 2009 (past my snow season)
Job 2 - 2009 - 2012 (Just quit my current job)
Job 3 - 2012 onwards.

While you shouldn’t lie on your resume, nobody is going to look into you that much to care…

And if they do, then it’s probably not the job you want cause your boss will be a turdmuncher.

Well the way I see it I’ve been living like a bum for the last 4 years during uni anyway, what’s another few months of minimum wage going to matter… I’m fortunate enough in that works already offered me a graduate position, and are just giving me the opportunity to travel before I start.  So i’m stoked to get over to Canada in Nov!

Yeah the new school - gap year between Uni and real work started with the GFC. When the companies who offer grad programs shate themselves when they had already had offers out there and start dates for their new grad for the new year but no clients!

So they had to ask people to volunteer to delay start dates.

I think it worked so well they offer it all the time.

Hey Peeps!

Im new to boardworld, found it tonight actually after googling for Falls Creek season passes haha

Anyway just wanted to say Hi and looking forward to sharing some shredding action with all you guys

Welcome to the madness Croseks LOL

Welcome to BW croseks! Good to see another person from Melbs on here! smile

Okay well…

Hey to everyone!! I dont know how many girls still post on here, but I’ll give it a go anyhow.
My name is Teresa, but I go by Tess/Tessa. I live in Ohio, USA and I’m 15 years old in two days from posting this (8 April) and my early birthday present was my first skateboard!! (I go and pick out my present with my parents because they wouldnt know what to get me to surprise me… lol)
Ive been skating for more or less a week, and I really enjoy it. My skateboard is a complete Zoo York with 51mm 99a Zoo York wheels, low Zoo York trucks, and a Zoo York deck. I really love it!! ^_^
I joined this forum/website to talk to more skaters about skating stuff, cuz most of my friends dont skate. I’m hoping to meet a lot of cool people, and some girls who share the same interest in skateboarding as me.
Message me or whatever if you wanna talk and stuff. I love meeting new people!!! =]

Lots of Luvvvv,
Tess<3

Welcome to BW Tess, You’ll find lots of people around to have a chat with and plenty of awesome Skate Snow and Surf videos here.

Post a photo of your deck if you can smile. I’m currently rocking a Cheap deck with Element trucks and Plain wheels. Because I suck at skating, I just made sure the things keeping me up were good lol. Still spend a decent amount though.

Looking to get either some cruiser wheels for my current deck or just go all out and get something like this:

croseks - 04 April 2012 07:37 AM

Hey Peeps!

Im new to boardworld, found it tonight actually after googling for Falls Creek season passes haha

Anyway just wanted to say Hi and looking forward to sharing some shredding action with all you guys

More Mexicans? Urghhh! lol

Welcome to the boards mate smile

Welcome to BoardWorld Tess!
Sounds like a nice board you’ve got there.
Yep we have a lot of girls on here and even a girls only section.
We also have a skate coach named Mitch Faber, you should check out his ‘how to’ vids in the skate section.

Throw a post up in our ‘Skater Progress Thread’ and tell us how your skating is going. We all post in there and help each other out with tricks and stuff. Later.