The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Howdy TAM!!!!!

Welcome a board!!!!! shaka

Hey Tam,

When do you get down to the snow? There should be a few of us going down for opening weekend and quite often during the season. Do you know what job you got yet?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! smile
I’m working in tickets/guest services starting June 11th!

Just a bit of what i’ve done recently: Keen on the travel aspect of my life at the moment. Spent last year in America working for Disney. Came back home in January & decided a fulltime career was not on the cards for me yet. Haha. So yeah.

I’m still a beginner/intermediate snowboarder, but hopefully that’ll change by September!!

No worries, find someone decent and latch onto them and by a few weeks in you’ll be keeping up. (as long as there is snow on the ground). Ticket sales should be ok. Might be a bit repetitive but at least you get to be on snow and can go shredding on your time off. I guess most snow jobs are pretty average but you pay that price to live at the snow.

Full time careers are good for the money and that you get to be at home with family and friends but there is less snowboarding lol.

citylightsTAM - 06 May 2013 04:01 PM

Hey guys!

Just joined this site coz I’m about to work my first season at Perisher this winter…aka officially becoming a fulltime snow bunny! Hahaha also planning to chase winter and do a back-to-back season over in Canada at the end of the year! smile

Hey CLT,

Welcome to Boardworld. You’ve come to the right place! cool smile

Welcome to BW CLT! shaka

Welcome to the forum CLT, enjoy your stay, just watch out for some of the local nutters (mainly mizu) LOL

Welcome Tam!!

Working down the snow, you will improve heaps! I’ve gone from just making it down a run.. to black runs keeping up with my bf and out mates… and that’s was in just over 20 days last season..

Also.. mizu isn’t too bad.. his good entertainment!! smile

h0z - 06 May 2013 09:26 PM

Also.. mizu isn’t too old.. his good entertainment!! smile

Who you kidding?

TJswish - 06 May 2013 11:53 PM

Also.. mizu isn’t too old.. his good entertainment!! smile

Who you kidding?

Don’t go tryin to take the heat of yaself, Stalker Boy!!!!!

Also.. mizu isn’t too bald.. his good entertainment!! smile

Welcome onboard TAM, ollie

Hahaha you guys crack me up!!!

Hey guys, I’m Stacey - heading to Whistler for the season (and indefinitely) in October, have visited and ridden there for a few days in 2011 and 2012 so know it’s where I want to be and cannot wait until 27 October rolls around!! Love this site I’ve been creeping around for a few days - heaps of awesome inside info cool smirk

Welcome to Boardworld Stacey!!

the Whistler bug seems to have bitten a few people on here!
(I’m especially looking at you k2!)

will you be riding this Australian season at all?
if so, where is your local?

anyways enjoy your stay at BW! And let us know if you need any help or info!

smile

Hi Stacey!

Welcome.

Keep http://www.boardworld.com.au/whistler bookmarked.

Its a good thread to read now and then come back at the end of the new and keep us updated on your seasonal antics for 13/14.