The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sydney Boardworld Meetup - Saturday 31st March?

Poll: Can you come?
Total Votes: 29
Yes
No
Maybe
I’m keen... but too busy that day
I’m anti-social and only talk on the interwebz so I have no plans to meet you guys!

Hey All,

So it’s been 6 months since the first Shred, 4 months since the Mizu BBQ and a truckload of new active members have joined the crew. I haven’t met any of the new C’town team and there is a bunch of people who unfortunately didn’t make the shred. So prior to this years shred, come meet the crew so you are just as part of the team as everyone else!

Obviously, I don’t expect people from interstate to come but it would be good to get everyone out to Sydney and hit up the town a bit. If you can come for a minute, an hour or all night, please reply and come on down and meet everyone.

I am thinking Saturday the 10th. This means people have plenty of time to organise how to get here, where to leave the little ones (if applicable) and have no excuses of having to work and then come. Obviously Wives / Husbands / Siblings / Mates / Kids over 18 are all welcome, just let us know smile

So get across the bridge / out of the shire / out of C’town / up from the Gong and come have a few beers with the crew!

Let us know if you can make it smile

===========================================

Now that we have sorted that our, I was thinking somewhere not too noisy. Some good options would be:

Red Oak - Can be a bit pricey though - http://www.redoak.com.au/
Barvarian Beer Cafe - Again pricey but you can get 1L beers smile (Unfortunately I don’t have any 1L shoes for Mika) - http://www.bavarianbiercafe.com/
Opera Bar - Need to get there early though and it can get a bit noisy - http://www.operabar.com.au/
Slip Inn - Nothing special but drinks aren’t that pricey… - http://merivale.com.au/slipinn/

Anyone else got suggestions? More of a pub scene to meet at and people can go nuts afterwards if they want smile.

I think I’m gonna be in sydney that night anyway at the Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory game. Depending what I’m doing and where ewes decide to go, I may be able to drop in for a drink or two! I didn’t go to the shred last year and prob won’t go this year either so it might be a good chance to say herro!

I vote somewhere cheap that isn’t too noisy.

go to the Slip Inn then downstairs to Chinese Laundry and see my mates djing

I’d love to do a catch up… but Sat 10th is a little too close for me to get organised to get my butt down to Sydney!

The Bavarian!  Nothing beats big beers, plus there’s one at Fox studios which i quite like, close to the SFS for Cords too (unless the game is at homebush?)!

I can be there. Not sure how long i will last as I will have just got off the plane in the morning!

Rhi - come crash with me! I am only about 4k’s from the CBD.

bogmow - 29 February 2012 07:31 AM

The Bavarian!  Nothing beats big beers, plus there’s one at Fox studios which i quite like, close to the SFS for Cords too (unless the game is at homebush?)!

Was thinking more the city one as the Fox Studios one is pretty small and if you are drinking you want to catch the train and therefore train to fox studios is like a 20 min walk :S

Though on the big beer front, there is also the Belgium Beer Cafe, the Lowenbrau and the Argyle.

10th of march? sorry ill be at future music festival then hitting the cross for the after party but defs keen to meet a few new faces can something else be organised at a later date????

Only if i can get pissed and act like a dickhead than im coming

ozgirl - 29 February 2012 07:39 AM

I can be there. Not sure how long i will last as I will have just got off the plane in the morning!

Oz, I’d love to crash with you and will gladly take you up on that offer one day, but with Sydney being 7 hours away it unfortunately wont be able to happen this time. Also have a very important even on the weekend after, so was kinda counting on the weekend of the 10th to prepare…

Would love to meet up possibly in a month or two wink

*hint hint

i am down for it at as well, bavarian/opera bar sounds great… i am in

I’ll be there!.......... not oh oh  downer

I would go but everything going well I have a much better offer!

Warren Chapstick - 29 February 2012 08:27 AM

Only if i can get pissed and act like a dickhead than im coming

I wouldn’t have it any other way Greeny!

Rhi - 29 February 2012 09:05 AM
ozgirl - 29 February 2012 07:39 AM

Oz, I’d love to crash with you and will gladly take you up on that offer one day, but with Sydney being 7 hours away it unfortunately wont be able to happen this time. Also have a very important even on the weekend after, so was kinda counting on the weekend of the 10th to prepare…

Would love to meet up possibly in a month or two wink

*hint hint

Hmm there is a lot of no / different date people. Would anyone be keen on say the 31th March? Of course if anyone is around in 10 days I can still come to the city but it’s not really a meetup with 3 people is it.

Maybe, I’m on holidays! I could get my virgin buddy to get cheap flights!... maaaaybe….  oh oh