The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Torstein Horgmo VS Jossi Wells

Dunno i fthis has been posted or not but quiet cool

Skiers on rails are like rollerblades on rails. Gay.

Hehe!

Love it - “He French Fries down the mtn all day”!

Chucky why dis everything - the way i heard it your mate Torstein inescence dared him to go on the rail. Its not like he said hey check me out i can go on a rail!....

I am liking the side by side fun without the hating!

Go Torstein and Jossi!

Haters gonna hate wink

Chucky can’t fight his nature.

MU

chucky - 24 February 2012 06:47 AM

LOL! I think we need to get a BW quote of the day thread going.. LOL

There’s a lot of things that skiers do which look totally cool. Riding rails is not one of them. It’s just plain silly.

It’s not “hating” purely for the sake of it. In fact, it’s not really “hating” at all. To truly “hate” something, it has to really matter to you. This, not so much.

I just don’t see the sense in attempting to imitate something when the result is vastly inferior to the original. What’s wrong with a little creativity? Why simply copy? It’s like when people rebuild VW Beetles with those fibreglass body kits, then delude themselves into thinking they’re driving a Porsche. It’s embarrassing, both for the doer and the viewer.

If you were around when bladers started invading skateparks, you’d know where I’m coming from.

Credit where credit’s due, so kudos to Jossi for referring to skiing backwards by its appropriate term - “backwards”.

MoonUnit - 24 February 2012 09:35 AM

True. It is my nature. All my life, I’ve been raised in an environment, then worked in various industries, where innovation and creativity is to be applauded and respected - and poor imitation gets the opposite response.

chucky - 24 February 2012 10:32 AM
MoonUnit - 24 February 2012 09:35 AM

True. It is my nature. All my life, I’ve been raised in an environment, then worked in various industries, where innovation and creativity is to be applauded and respected - and poor imitation gets the opposite response.

Hey mate, no hard feelings. Just quoting the old parable about the frog etc. I think it’s cool you are so pro-boarding.

Mu

All good here mate.

I’m still very much the frog - but I’ve been stung enough times to be extra wary of anything with the potential to sting me or those I care about.

Perhaps it’s analogous that when a snowboarder loses control and abrubtly falls flat on their face with their legs in the air, it’s known as a scorpion?  I’d prefer that the sport of snowboarding didn’t fall victim to the scorpion.

The more I talk to you…the more I like you Chucky.

Work is cut-throat, and I don’t like being second. I guess that makes me the scorpion.

MU

Koper - 24 February 2012 09:47 AM
chucky - 24 February 2012 06:47 AM

LOL! I think we need to get a BW quote of the day thread going.. LOL

There already is a thread like that. I’ll have a search for it

MoonUnit - 24 February 2012 11:56 AM

The more I talk to you…the more I like you Chucky.

Hehe, ditto.

But you’ll change your tune once you get to know me better.  wink

hahaha that looked fun! thanks for that lanox