The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lens tests and Lightroom

Here are some photos I took recently with my kit lens and new Canon 50mm 1.8 lens. I also edited it in Lightroom. I need feedback please smile
I’ll number them to make it easier

stick your shots in the critique thread and just put up your best 2. 7 shots is a lot to critique at one time.

1. branches are in front of the focal point of the shot: the sun
2. looks like a step back would have put him in focus. The only thing in focus in this shot seems to be a spot on the ground
3. i guess this is ok. You shouldn’t cut a person’s limbs off at the joint (in a photo). I would either up the contrast and throw it in b&w or lower the saturation and give it a washed out feel. Try to add emotion to the shot
4. you need a rim on the guy to make him stand out. This shot is too busy and I don’t know what you’re trying to shoot. If it’s the skater looking off camera…it makes me want to see what he’s looking at. it’s awkward
5. the light in this shot is bringing the focus of the shot to .... the cars in the background and the skaters knobby knees, those are some big ligaments sticking out!
6. better but the darks are still too dark. use some fill light.
7. ????????

Haha sorry about the amount of photos!
Thanks for your feedback Gamblor. It helps me learn a lot from these mistakes. I think I’ve got some shots in the photo feedback thread but it hasn’t had a reply yet. smile