The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

TV Help

So my friend has a Panasonic TV and the person who set it up for her (am guessing she paid for the service) hooked up the foxtel box and the DVD player and for some reason deleted the other AV ‘channels” ie AV 3 and 4.

She has a Wii and she can’t use it because she can’t change it to the correct channel.

I haven’t looked at it closely yet. I think I could figure out a work around (ie plug it into the av on the dvd player) But there should be away to get them back… (she has no idea where the manual is)

Has she plugged the Wii in through the HDMI? the tv should find it automatically then use the source button on the remote.

Without the source unit (Wii) being connected- new TV’s generally wont access the input.
^even through the analog connection.

I don’t know if you can delete AV channels but try what spaz said about the HDMI.

I don’t think Wii has a HDMI output.  I think the best is component, basic is composite.  if the wii is plugged in on component (requires additional cable), she should be able to select that from the TV remote.  if standard composite (1 yellow for video 1 red and 1 white for audio) then it should be a matter of selecting the composite input on the tv remote.

Yeah not HDMI (well she doesn’t have a cord even if the Wii has it).

Yep Standard Composite Mudhoney… but not sure what you mean by selecting the composite input…. Isn’t that what i am saying about the AV ‘channels’

There is enough of the AV out (yellow, red, white) but when you go to change only AV1 and AV2 available.

sorry Oz it’s a bit hard to know without seeing the TV.  It seems a bit odd that you can even disable some AV inputs.  I’m afraid you’ll probably have to tinker with the menus, maybe even consult the manual!  If you find the model of the TV we can possibly look up the manual online.

if i was there i could sort it pretty quickly, but as said above i cant help ya without actually being in front of the tv

So even more annoying she doesn’t have the TV remote… she has only got the old DVD remote. You know the ones that only have a couple of buttons for operating the TV. So can’t even get into the settings! Grrr.

I am here right now babysitting… Frustrating cause i know i could fix it too with a lot of googling!

the panasonic model is TH-L37G10A

Okay found the user manual online and basically what i think the “technician’ has done is labelled the AV setting and therefore deleted the ones he hasn’t label… a bit stupid… who doesn’t need at least one extra AV channel.

Anyway i think it is easy fix if she finds the remote. Otherwise I am going to suggest she buys a universal remote and hope to god that gives her a settings option!

ozgirl - 11 February 2012 08:51 AM

Okay found the user manual online and basically what i think the “technician’ has done is labelled the AV setting and therefore deleted the ones he hasn’t label… a bit stupid… who doesn’t need at least one extra AV channel.

Anyway i think it is easy fix if she finds the remote. Otherwise I am going to suggest she buys a universal remote and hope to god that gives her a settings option!

Can’t you use the buttons on the actual tv? If not, is she anywhere near us? I could probably fix it in 10 mins smile

Yeah she is and would love that!

But nope the buttons on the TV don’t work…. they don’t bring up the ‘Menu’

Just checked quickly on google with the model number. Does the tv have more than one av input. What I saw quickly was that it only had one and then one composit input and 4 hdmi inputs. Maybe the reason he plugged it in through the DVD player was because the tv didn’t have enough inputs.

Yeah it does. It has 4.

And you can’t use the dvd player as it doesn’t have inputs grrr.

I think the problem is the Wii. Get an Xbox LOL

BKM - 12 February 2012 03:09 AM

I think the problem is the Wii. Get an Xbox LOL

Agreed!  LOL