The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Shred 2012 - info, dates, what’s happening etc.

This isn’t the official thread but I just wanted to let you guys know where we’re at.

Basically in about a week from now, we should have definite dates for when it’s happening.

It’s either going to be Sept 3 to 9, or Sept 10 to 16.

We are most likely going to offer two different accommodation types and I’m guessing there will be a pretty even split. There will probably be a budget option staying in Jindabyne, most likely at the Station Resort. The other option will be on snow at Perisher and this will cost more. Of course you can also organise your own accommodation elsewhere if you prefer.

Right now we are in discussions with the Perisher on snow accom, as I am trying to secure the best price possible for our members.

The dates we choose will mostly be determined by price and availability.

So please hang on for another week. Things are moving along but we just need to finalise a few things.

Boo Yeah, you rock Jez shaka

Like!!

excellent good sir.

shaka

cool smile Nice

rocker

Woop woop! **fingers crossed for 3-9 sept** wink

actually i hope its 10-16th. missus bday is on the 8th sept.

dont think she will like me missing it haha

Cool can’t wait for details!!!

The Shred….............. highlight of the year shaka

Yew, a week of madness!!! Can’t wait! preferably 3-9 Sep.

No worries mate all good here!  cool smile

Stoked buyeahhhh

Hey guys,

It looks like the week of the Shred will be from Sept 10 - 16. Still confirming a few things though. Lift passes for this time of year are very reasonable too. I think a 7 day pass will run about $300. I will have to confirm this.

At the moment, we have negotiated a rate of $1000 per person, for 7 nights, staying right on the snow at the Sundeck Hotel. This hotel is the one ozgirl recommended. There is a huge deck looking right over Front Valley.

I believe this rate also includes 7 days of breakfasts and dinners (I will confirm).

Of course this option is more expensive than staying in Jindy, but it’s perfect location and a good rate.

The options for accommodation that I’m organising are here at the Sundeck or The Station in Jindabyne.

If you could please give me an indication of where you want to stay, and how long you want to stay for, it would be most helpful.

Thank you. smile

Oh and here’s their website. http://sundeckhotel.com.au/