The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pre Japan 2012/13 Season plan!!!!!

I agree with Mizu I have been to Niseko a few times and don’t think the whole Aussie thing is that bad! There are heaps of traditional and super tastey place to eat in the lower village. It really does depend where you hang out. Hanazono is awesome. Having said that I don’t think you can go too far wrong with any resort in Japan!

ozgirl - 20 April 2012 06:51 AM

DRC.

Yep Tokyo stop overs are easy enough and no the cheap internal fares i mentioned are not locked to the international flights. You just have to book them at the same time.

So you can’t book your SYD - NRT flight today and then decide your internal flights/itinerary at a later date.

Never got around to thanking you for this info.

I just noticed qantas and JAL have some flights on sale at the moment during January 2013. Around $1000 to Narita or around $1100 to Chitose. Would I be correct in saying that the flights to chitose (which stopover for a few hours in Narita) would have locked in times for domestic flights to chitose so I would lose the flexibility of a Tokyo stopover?

man that sounds so good, hrm hrm hrm and its direct flight 2.

dave where are you planing to go next year ?

lanox - 24 April 2012 04:22 AM

Yeah it’s pretty tempting, a fair bit cheaper than I paid for Jetstar flights without the shitty stopover in cairns and if I remember correctly very generous baggage limits.

I’ll either go somewhere on Hokkaido (most likely Niseko) with a stopover in Tokyo

or if I have a sudden change of mind Whistler but i’m 99.9% sure I’ll go Japow.

I’ll definitely be travelling in January though (I’m back to work on the 29th)

sounds good.

drc13 - 24 April 2012 04:09 AM
ozgirl - 20 April 2012 06:51 AM

DRC.

Yep Tokyo stop overs are easy enough and no the cheap internal fares i mentioned are not locked to the international flights. You just have to book them at the same time.

So you can’t book your SYD - NRT flight today and then decide your internal flights/itinerary at a later date.

Never got around to thanking you for this info.

I just noticed qantas and JAL have some flights on sale at the moment during January 2013. Around $1000 to Narita or around $1100 to Chitose. Would I be correct in saying that the flights to chitose (which stopover for a few hours in Narita) would have locked in times for domestic flights to chitose so I would lose the flexibility of a Tokyo stopover?

Yes you are possibly correct. You will have to check the fare rules… if it says no stopovers then yeah you can’t land in Narita on the 10th stay in tokyo for a few days and fly to Chitose 2 days later. Stopovers are classed as over 24hr. So you could land 7am and fly out 6am the next day and it be classed as not a stopover.

Honestly the fares i mentioned are 10,00 yen each way… not that much more expensive on top of the $1000 fare…

One other thing, If I was going to do a Tokyo stopover I would do it at the end of my ski trip because you have to get up early and transfer all day to Narita. Where as you could just get an afternoon fly at your leisure from Chitose stay in Tokyo for a couple of days and get the whole full last day in Tokyo.

Also transferring from Haneda to Narita is a PITA if you can avoid it. but not too many planes fly Narita to Chitose and back.

Also transferring from Haneda to Narita is a PITA if you can avoid it. but not too many planes fly Narita to Chitose and back.

But if you are stopping in Tokyo for a couple of days - that doesn’t matter.

drc13 - 24 April 2012 04:26 AM
lanox - 24 April 2012 04:22 AM

Yeah it’s pretty tempting, a fair bit cheaper than I paid for Jetstar flights without the shitty stopover in cairns and if I remember correctly very generous baggage limits.

I’ll either go somewhere on Hokkaido (most likely Niseko) with a stopover in Tokyo

or if I have a sudden change of mind Whistler but i’m 99.9% sure I’ll go Japow.

I’ll definitely be travelling in January though (I’m back to work on the 29th)

If ma and pa don’t end up in the States next season I will be in Whis the first 2 weeks of Jan grin

Don’t ya mean ¥10,000, oz?????

Narita <> Haneda isn’t that bad!!!!! About ¥3,000 each way by bus that is right outside exits/entries at airports, and it takes about 1:15!!!!!

Yeah but why do it if you can avoid it?

I agree totally with that!!!!!

lanox/dave - are you planning to go next year? I’ll be in Niseko in Jan!

Billy - 29 April 2012 07:16 AM

Yep 99% sure I’ll do Niseko in Jan. How far along in planning are you? I’ve started looking into flights and accommodation but nothing locked down yet.

Noooooo come to the states with me!!!

ozgirl - 29 April 2012 07:49 AM

Noooooo come to the states with me!!!

Quiet you! Billy loves powder tongue wink