The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

My first vid of 2012 <gopro2>

Polecam shots in the trees = awesome

Nice conditions!! Is that in niseko?

Thanks for sharing shaka

looking good mate!

Gamblor lives in/near Hakuba so id assume that it is from there

cool vid!!

Man, that was awesome! Makes me miss riding Japan so much.

Gamblor, I’m coming to Hakuba next season and we’re going shredding! cool grin

How do you think the GoPro 2 compares to the GoPro?

Nice video Gamblor, really liked the pole cam angle.

Looks like I’ve got some adjusting to do for Japan snow vs Perisher groomers!

Guys that footage was from Thredbo last season… tongue laugh

Gopro 2 is clearer and on sunny days, like the 2nd half, the whites don’t get blown out. The raw footage looks like HD, whereas the original gopro looked like sd. Mind you, I do have a new computer now so that could explain the difference too. But the whites are def better.  Actually at 2:28 is a line from last season so on the gopro 1. You can compare that footage with the start.

Rider, sure thing wink

Today was a great powder day. Had some big drops and stomped everything booyah!

Wow that was fucking awesome, Japan is so my next trip! ollie

WOW!!!  big surprise

That was awesome!! Thanks for sharing shaka

How come I have to go to Vimeo to watch in HD, did you do something to the settings Gamblor or has Vimeo changed?

lol I didn’t even know it was in HD. When my last computer died I built a new one from scratch and lost all the settings that I used. I filmed it in 960p 48fps and just set the project settings to the size of the footage and rendered it like that. I don’t have internet hooked up at the new house yet so I couldn’t look around online for guides, so if it’s in HD it’s a bonus. Last year, I gave up on HD ones this it took 2 hours plus to render. This time, it took 10 minutes! 16gbs ram kicks ass

Well that explains a fair bit. Some of the footage didn’t seem up to standard for Vimeo or GoPro!

Vimeo has your vid at 960p but I’m sure they only use 30fps. Along with your rendering/compression they would have converted whatever you loaded to H.264/AAC audio 30fps and 5Mbps(HD).

When editing for Vimeo upload - I try to stay as close to Vimeo’s settings for the whole process or compress my footage to H.264/AAC, 5Mbps
The Mbps is the most critical thing when it comes to file size and render speed. eg:2min of HD exported from fcp (current settings) gave me a file 722MB with 90fps and 59Mbps. I used Mpegstreamclip to re-compress to 5Mbps and I get a file 10% of the size. If I’m concerned about load time I drop Mbps down to 2.5 and have even used 2Mbps without losing to much quality. You vid looks like it was around 2Mbps.

16GB!!!!! Awesome wink my 8GB takes 4hrs to render 90 minuets of 1080p when set to maximise the dual core. I’m not a big believer in HD unless I need to crop the footage. 576p is plenty good enough even on a 50” screen. But some customers insist even when the final product will be burned to DVD video rolleyes