The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HARASSMENT @ SNOW BASIN RESORT

redjames - 31 December 2011 07:03 AM

Is there any other evidence like this of snowbasin staff doing similar things to this?

Anecdotal evidence from a LOT of people. Unfortunately, nothing’s been caught on video until now.

redjames - 31 December 2011 07:03 AM

Also the ski patrol apologizes and gives him his pass back if that counts for anything . . .

He only backpedals when he finally realises he’s being filmed.

I’m not sure that’s his pass being given back - I think it’s a card acknowledging his pass has been confiscated.

I think the bigger issue here is Snowbasin’s lack of a real apology, or an explanation as to what action they have taken, and if they have changed any of their policies because of the incident.

The Ski Patrol guy was a jerk, no question about it. But we all have bad days. Maybe he has given 15+ years of service, in which case maybe an apology from him and a stern warning is all that’s needed. I’m not necessarily calling for him to be fired. But Snowbasin, as a company, should address this issue head on; they need to be open and honest and at the very least, offer a real apology.

90% of the wrong-doing in my mind has come from the management at Snowbasin, after the incident happened and came to public light.

rider26 - 31 December 2011 06:05 PM

I think the bigger issue here is Snowbasin’s lack of a real apology, or an explanation as to what action they have taken, and if they have changed any of their policies because of the incident.

Yep, that’s the major problem here. Evidently, if Snowbasin management had heard about the incident but there was no video evidence, they’d be patting Tim Taylor (patroller) on the back for a job well done.

Snowbasin is owned by billionaire oil magnate Earl Holding, who really doesn’t give a crap about anything other than billionaire oil magnate Earl Holding. He’s already taken on Ogden locals (and won) in his bid to transform Snowbasin from a cruisy resort into a posh wankfest, in time for the 2002 Olympics. I was there in 2001, and saw it all going on then. Basically, he wants it to be just like Deer Valley down the road a bit in Park City - a five-star resort catering to rich skiers only. The problem is, he apparently needs the money snowboarders contribute - and he’s totally fine with taking it, just not with treating snowboarders as equals.

rider26 - 31 December 2011 06:05 PM

The Ski Patrol guy was a jerk, no question about it. But we all have bad days. Maybe he has given 15+ years of service, in which case maybe an apology from him and a stern warning is all that’s needed. I’m not necessarily calling for him to be fired. But Snowbasin, as a company, should address this issue head on; they need to be open and honest and at the very least, offer a real apology.

Personal accounts from MANY people indicate that Tim Taylor has acted in the same manner for almost all of his time as a ski patroller. Same with the blue jacketed Village People guy - that’s just the way the majority of Snowbasin staffers are. Thankfully, this time Austen Knudson’s buddy was filming the whole thing.

blue jacketed Village People guy

LOL