The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowslider hits 1000

I dont know if that is sad or exciting.

I have enjoyed my time here, so it guess it is not sad.
I got a job where I can get on line at work and participate.
I have a home life where I can almost always be on line doing something, because I dont really watch TV much at all.

cool.
yay for me.
lol

grin congrats on this milestone!
one more thing to put under the “achievements” section of your resume i guess wink
On the celebratory note, im part of the boardworld team!
yeahyahhhhh

Awesome GPL.
If nothing else, your consistent participation and positive attitude has earned you a spot on the Team!

Thanks! im very honoured to be on the team smile

Haha now to 2000!
raspberry

antt321 - 01 September 2009 03:41 AM

Haha now to 2000!
raspberry

lol and on we go!
But I think GPL may beat me there if he keeps up his level of involvement.

Ahaha probably not gonna happen man.
I’ve got my end-of-year exams coming in a couple of months and my future career path as an aerospace engineer relies on those scores.

golfpunklegend - 01 September 2009 10:46 PM

Ahaha probably not gonna happen man.
I’ve got my end-of-year exams coming in a couple of months and my future career path as an aerospace engineer relies on those scores.

ppfftt aerospace engineer, whats wrong with being a snow-bum huh??
Come on fresh pow or exams?  LOL  LOL

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

oh yeah congrats snowslider cheese

I had the dream of becoming a rich-assed doctor of some sort and working for half a year and then converting to snow-bum for the other half….

Nice one snowslider, you beat me to it. raspberry GPL is not far behind.

FYI, as someone reaches 500 posts their title turns from Boardworld Member to Boardworld Team. I might review this later…

Awsome! only 413 posts to go until im a “Team member” Yeehaww!!

rider26 - 02 September 2009 02:26 AM

FYI, as someone reaches 500 posts their title turns from Boardworld Member to Boardworld Team. I might review this later…

Wow im really slow to notice that then… 300 posts or so too slow.

golfpunklegend - 02 September 2009 01:22 AM

I had the dream of becoming a rich-assed doctor of some sort and working for half a year and then converting to snow-bum for the other half….

No chance mate. Doctors work too much and get no time off.
It’ll take you at least 5-10 years after you finish your degree before you start making large enough amounts and having any decent time off

Trust me. The Doctors I work with currently hate my guts due to the fact that I’ve been up to the snow about 5-6 times this year and they’ve only managed to go on 1 day trip. That and I keep rubbing the fact in their face…haha

Hmm career change then? maybe ill go start a business somewhere. Or i could live off my sister who is going to be a doctor in 5 years or so raspberry

Hey GPL how about Ski Patrol? I have seen a guy up here who is a patroller on a board. You get to help injured ppl and stuff etc etc, oh and shred like mad!! Mind you the pay is lousy but hey your boarding cheese

Do you know whether it is hard to survive off an instructor’s pay?