The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

fired and kicked out into the snow

They guy should lose his job if HIS boss has any sense.

You just dont treat people that way, and as a manager he should know better.
He shouldnt be in that type of position.
I will do what I could to report him, legally or within the company atleast.
And definitely get what he owes you for damaging your goods, and pay for the time that you were out of work because of him having damaged your equipment limited the next job opportunity.
I think you have a big list of complaints where he was wrong and you were innocent.

snowslider - 30 August 2009 08:32 AM

I think you have a big list of complaints where he was wrong and you were innocent.

the sad thing is, unless he is acknowledged as a permanent worker, he can be fired without reason. Although he cannot be kicked out as such and have his stuff thrown down the stairs that ruthlessly. As a casual worker, you will have no government protection… :(

You may not have protection for your job, I can see that, but you do have simple human rights to protection for your own body and your belongings.

snowslider - 31 August 2009 04:14 AM

You may not have protection for your job, I can see that, but you do have simple human rights to protection for your own body and your belongings.

Yeah, that’d have to be a police report or a law suit then unfortunately because the government probs wont offer their workplace legal services if you are a casual and paid cash in hand :(

golfpunklegend - 30 August 2009 06:42 PM
snowslider - 30 August 2009 08:32 AM

As a casual worker, you will have no government protection… :(

Not exactly correct. All workers, full time, part time, casual have basic workplace rights. There’s several areas of recourse for Nelson. If he was paid cash-in-hand you can report to ATO or the Ombudsmen who LOVE sorting this sort of things out.

I highly recommend you edit out all the names of the manager and workplace until you sort out the problem. Message forums have been known to be sued for libel and defamation (since it hasn’t been proven yet).

Sucks to hear there are workplaces that still treat workers like that though :(

That is pretty good advice,

yeah man cheers i didnt really think about that all fixed now thanks dude

Great to hear Nelson smile

zhenjie - 31 August 2009 04:56 AM

I highly recommend you edit out all the names of the manager and workplace until you sort out the problem. Message forums have been known to be sued for libel and defamation (since it hasn’t been proven yet).

Sucks to hear there are workplaces that still treat workers like that though :(

In 2007 I worked as a pizza delivery boy making 10 an hour!!! I was prob making close to $4 with petrol factored in.

At first I thought this was a joke, and the owner thought it was satisfactory as we were paid in cash. I quit after 2 weeks.

/coolstoryhansel

I am also a former pizza delivery boy. Although I was working for Pizza Hut and the payment wasn’t that bad ($3.40 per delivery plus tips). And they would usually load us up with 2 or 3 deliveries at a time in the same area, so 30 mins of driving would get about $10 plus tips. I did this straight out of school to save up money to buy a Jetski. When I was done, my mums car had a constant pizza aroma. smile

rider26 - 04 September 2009 10:24 PM

When I was done, my mums car had a constant pizza aroma. smile

thats a bonus ...no need to buy air fresheners for the car wink
that pay blows. sports referees have it good these days. my mate gets 55 per afl game and he does goal umpiring. I get 20 a hockey game which goes for an hour smile
cash in hand :D

Those jobs are great, only problem is they are usually only for a few hours a week. I umpired a few soccer games for the corporate games, the pay was great.

The hours suit me because they are weekends or friday nights.
I can do 5 or 6 games in a row at the same venue which is amazing cash. Now, i only do max 1 game a week because i’ve barely got anytime to kick back…