The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Spaz gets hectic…. tries to land in thredbo village.

i’ll let the man post the story himself…but i couldn’t hold this back from the other BwMB members

I saw this on snowatch grin the story is crazy!!!!

So that is spaz? cool.
What is in his hand a camera?
That’s a pretty nice drop. He had goo speed going into that.

Hahaaaa nice one spaz! We need the story for sure. Where is that cornice?

Yeah snowslider, that is spaz’s pole cam in his hand.

thats his pole cam setup…cornice is in golf course bowl at thredbo

it avied right after that sequence with slab chunks as big as a large 4wd.

SPAZ where are you?

Very cool!! I want to see the footage!

Why isnt this submitted into the photo contest?
Hopefully Spaz will have got a few good pics to put up there.

I’ve been busy working on stills from the video, we all freaked out a bit as a work mate came down with the slab and under it! They’re uploading now, I’ll post them here first. wink

Because we freaked my footage of the slide wasn’t great, it took 2 or 3 seconds but felt like a minute. I’ve had to grab stills between moving.

To be honest the sequence is not accurate, I rushed putting it together (notice the off coloured shadows) and went further than it shows, when I’ve done it correctly I’ll entire it in the comp.

I landed on the flat and stopped dead in the powder, jarring my elbow. I didn’t have time to collect my thoughts or even look where I landed when I heard the shout and looked up.

Here are some video stills. The dark vertical thing in the middle of the collapse is Chloe.

This and the shots of me - Courtesy of A.C.E.

spaz, HOLY CRAP! That cornice came down hard! Great shots.

Banger, when are you riding next? I will be at Thredbo on Monday.

Edit: The more I look at that last image the crazier it looks. That cornice was huge! I can only imagine how big those chunks of cornice look in person.

B . I . G .

Video loading. Minus the part these shots came from.

I thought I would get more done tonight; for now   here’s some of the video

The video doesnt really show the speed that the first image seems to have shown.

You landed on the flat and said ‘Oww.” lol

spaz that is crazy!! I love the fact you all sound a little freaked and all she can say is “Can we find my ski now” lol thats one tough chick!

That is gold man!
awesome stuff spaz

That was hectic Spaz!!
For the amount of air you got from looking at the photo it all happened pretty quick on the vid.
So the chick that got barelled over, was she at the top of the cornice to start with, or filming from below?
Did it break as you went off it or awhile after (I couldnt really tell from the vid).