The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The 2012 Boardworld Shred - WEEK, WEEKEND, or NEITHER?

Poll: WEEK, WEEKEND, or NOT at all?
Total Votes: 22
WEEK definitely.
WEEKEND definitely, and hopefully the whole week.
WEEKEND definitely, not sure about the whole week.
WEEKEND definitely, unfortunately not the week.

The 2012 Boardworld Shred will be week long, but how many of you can make it for the whole week?

There’ll be all kinds of cool stuff going on during the week, but the weekend will be extra awesome. It’s a long way away, but what are your plans or intentions at this stage? It will help us to know, as we move this forward.

100% in whatever happens. Please confirm early this year as we won’t be able to accommodate last minute bookers like we did last year.

Wednesday to Sun / Mon for us. Five of us starting.

We can only do the 3 - 9 option, the week after we won’t be able to make it at all downer

Weekend for me, might possible be able to make it 3 days (Saturday to Monday depending on work and if anyone is shredding on the Monday)

We need a mid winter shred then a spring shred (POWshred then PartyShred)

Every weekend there are lifts running or snow has fallen will be miniShreds (based on last year).

rider needs to buy a place in Jindy (BW mansion) as a base. No wait! Ozgirl has a place in Jindy - how many does that accommodate Oz?

we need to register BW as a charity or a religion/cult and have tax deductible lodge in Jindy!!!!

is it going to be at thredbo again, i already have a season pass for perisher and guessing i won’t be able to afford day passes for thredbo like this year lol

it is at PB rick

i think we need a “Shred Co-ordinator” ......

Caboose - 22 November 2011 10:19 PM

Yes we do.
I think for now BWM are throwing ideas around but some are already booking The Station.

Last year there were a few “chefs in the kitchen” and I think we were lucky it came together the way it did.
The ‘snowatch slide’ just set a week and everyone sorts themselves out - it is a dyslexic gathering and attendees tend to be low with little apre activities.

TheShred should continue to be a organised event. And become like “Uni Week”.
A “Shred Co-ordinator” will have to be entrusted with leading and organising for everyone. They would have to take onboard the help and suggestions of BWM as well. It is a big job with no financial incentive.

But it is rewarding!

I’ll be there for the week.

spaz - 22 November 2011 10:54 PM
Caboose - 22 November 2011 10:19 PM

Yes we do.
I think for now BWM are throwing ideas around but some are already booking The Station.

Last year there were a few “chefs in the kitchen” and I think we were lucky it came together the way it did.
The ‘snowatch slide’ just set a week and everyone sorts themselves out - it is a dyslexic gathering and attendees tend to be low with little apre activities.

TheShred should continue to be a organised event. And become like “Uni Week”.
A “Shred Co-ordinator” will have to be entrusted with leading and organising for everyone. They would have to take onboard the help and suggestions of BWM as well. It is a big job with no financial incentive.

i would step up, but life is changing and not sure if i will be able to do the whole week
i think it should be a “mature” someone who is there for the whole week to keep an eye on everything

awsome I’m there then, ill have a house down there so i should be able to sleep a few ppl if need be

Being there is less important than the planning.

I have multiple lives in winter - 2011Shred I managed to be involved in less than half of the BW activities while juggling everything else I was involved in.
There is always so many party’s, shreds, people, jobs, girls etc. etc… that I miss out on. Come Oct I’m glad to see it end!!!!

When I get the opportunity to do back2back SoHe/NoHe winter I will burn out.

Yea Spaz put a lot of effort into getting the shred shed organised last year and I helped out towards the end trying to sort things out and collect money.

This year will be more set in stone.

We need to:

1. Have a date set - 3rd to 9th or 9th to 16th September
2. Have a location - The Station is looking like a winner
3. Make sure everyone can get there.
4. Collect money.
5. Book rooms.

So 1 we are working on. 2 is pretty much done (and overall, it is a really good option). 3 people can work out on their own / organise with others to get a lift to and from. 4 and 5 is the hard bit.

Pretty much, I think with the organising we have to collect money by a certain date and book it in asap. anyone else who gets on the forum later (new members etc) will have to organise themselves or hope there is still availability to create another group room.

WEEKEND definitely, not sure about the whole week. it depends for me how much time i will have off work and etc , but i will be defiantly there for a weekend.