The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...
Billy - 22 November 2011 11:37 AM

Geez we were spoilt with the shred shed in price hey….

Yep!

Lodge 21 is in a great location.

Im not sure on Matterhorn and Coroboree pricing, but they include Breakfast/Dinner and have rooms that sleep up to 6.

Perisher Manor had a deal for last season and I dare say they would have it again for 2012. 2 people to a room.

7 nights Budget Mountain room (Sun-Sat incl.)
7 full buffet breakfasts
7 gourmet dinners
6 day unrestricted Perisher lift pass (Mon-Sat)
FREE skiing from 1.00pm Sunday
$1661 in Spring

chucky - 22 November 2011 11:13 AM
Mizu Kuma - 22 November 2011 10:51 AM

Surely there is somethin comparable to Thredbo?????

We paid $1100 for 7 nights, that included 7 breakfasts, 3 x 2 course dinners, a 7 1/2 day lift pass and an extra night stopover in Jindy on the way home!!!!! If ya started to save $30 a week from now it will all be covered!!!!!

If ya stay at The Station you will be payin $100 for the week, prob $500+ for lift passes, then food + bus/tube travel expenses as well!!!!!

Believe it or not, the benifits to stay on snow will far outweigh the extra costs!!!!!

I can only imagine how many people lose their license while drivin up the mountain!!!!! The stats would probably blow ya away!!!!!

The drink driving thing is personal/social responsibility.

However there is a compromise of sorts for anyone who’d want to spend the money - Lake Crackenback Resort. It’s right next to the Bullocks Flat Skitube (they have a free shuttle bus or it’s easily walkable) and their buffet breakfast is AWESOME. They have three bedroom houses you can rent (maybe even larger) and it’s not too far of a drive away from The Station Resort for any group activities that may take place there. If enough people wanted to take up this option, we could organise to have some ‘events’ held there instead of The Station - like a golf comp or mountain bike race maybe? I know Crackenback’s GM, so I can have a chat with him if you like?

That sounds like a great option, but I was under the impression that Crackenback was about the same cost of on snow accom????? Golf etc sounds cool!!!!! Can ya have bonfires there????? That would be unreal at night!!!!! We can have 1 or 2 nights taxi into Jindy as well!!!!!

Havin the tube right there allows people to come and go as they please as well!!!!! (Does the shuttle run all day????)

Billy - 22 November 2011 11:24 AM
chucky - 22 November 2011 11:18 AM
Billy - 22 November 2011 11:08 AM

. . . does it definitely have to be Perisher?

There’s quite a few of us who bought Perisher season passes on the basis that the Shred was to be held there. Heaps more than any other resort.

Heaps more what?

19 Perisher compared to 8 Hotham/Falls - and it looks like there’s been more newcomers to Boardworld who’ve bought Perisher passes as well.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/3161/

Matterhorn & Coroboree are saying is 4 share $807 per person…

chucky - 22 November 2011 11:13 AM
Mizu Kuma - 22 November 2011 10:51 AM

Surely there is somethin comparable to Thredbo?????

We paid $1100 for 7 nights, that included 7 breakfasts, 3 x 2 course dinners, a 7 1/2 day lift pass and an extra night stopover in Jindy on the way home!!!!! If ya started to save $30 a week from now it will all be covered!!!!!

If ya stay at The Station you will be payin $100 for the week, prob $500+ for lift passes, then food + bus/tube travel expenses as well!!!!!

Believe it or not, the benifits to stay on snow will far outweigh the extra costs!!!!!

I can only imagine how many people lose their license while drivin up the mountain!!!!! The stats would probably blow ya away!!!!!

The drink driving thing is personal/social responsibility.

However there is a compromise of sorts for anyone who’d want to spend the money - Lake Crackenback Resort. It’s right next to the Bullocks Flat Skitube (they have a free shuttle bus or it’s easily walkable) and their buffet breakfast is AWESOME. They have three bedroom houses you can rent (maybe even larger) and it’s not too far of a drive away from The Station Resort for any group activities that may take place there. If enough people wanted to take up this option, we could organise to have some ‘events’ held there instead of The Station - like a golf comp or mountain bike race maybe? I know Crackenback’s GM, so I can have a chat with him if you like?

That sounds like a great option, but I was under the impression that Crackenback was about the same cost of on snow accom????? Golf etc sounds cool!!!!! Can ya have bonfires there????? That would be unreal at night!!!!! We can have 1 or 2 nights taxi into Jindy as well!!!!!

Havin the tube right there allows people to come and go as they please as well!!!!! (Does the shuttle run all day????)

TJswish - 22 November 2011 08:49 AM
CRACKERS - 22 November 2011 08:24 AM

The Station is definitely the best bet price wise and also as everyone would be together as well thats a massive bonus!
Does anyone know what times the bus to the tube leaves? does it get you there in time for first lifts? I got the tube ad on to the freedom pass smile

The idea would be to have the 12 seater bus and some cars and get up to the mountain at a early time each day…

The good thing about Boardworld vs your mates is that we actually want to ride and not cook bacon and eggs for breakfast…

Ill believe it when I see it….a few to many beers for a couple of people and the 8am bus ride will turn into the 930 bus ride and knowing my luck ill miss the Only pow morning of the year wink. Although I guess you could leave with out em hahaha

Crackenback is beautiful but very expensive. Well out of my budget. One day I will stay there, when I’m earning a bit more!

chucky - 22 November 2011 11:44 AM
Billy - 22 November 2011 11:24 AM
chucky - 22 November 2011 11:18 AM
Billy - 22 November 2011 11:08 AM

. . . does it definitely have to be Perisher?

There’s quite a few of us who bought Perisher season passes on the basis that the Shred was to be held there. Heaps more than any other resort.

Heaps more what?

19 Perisher compared to 8 Hotham/Falls - and it looks like there’s been more newcomers to Boardworld who’ve bought Perisher passes as well.

It’s ok Chucky I don’t need the link - it’s not a competition… I just think we need to keep in mind our Vic (and any other state) friends in mind too in the future….

^^ I am def keen to go to Mexico the year after… a few other agreed with that to. I thought people suggested alternate years as well but this year it was agreed pretty much straight away on Perisher.

Hears hoping that each year going forward resorts are begging for us rather than us begging for discounts grin

Maybe the one after heads south?

edit* this thread is going to fast for me to keep up! haha

hate to be the one having to read through all this again ....so far we have 20 or so accom options! maybe a slight exaggeration

im going to put my money on the main base being the station and anything else you have to book yourself. On snow is by far the best option but im reluctant to pay stacks for a week when ive done 3 seasons in smiggs and paid nothing for accom.

maybe two bases at a stretch….one on snow for the silver tails and one at the station for bums!

Mizu Kuma - 22 November 2011 11:43 AM

That sounds like a great option [Lake Crackenback Resort], but I was under the impression that Crackenback was about the same cost of on snow accom????? Golf etc sounds cool!!!!! Can ya have bonfires there????? That would be unreal at night!!!!! We can have 1 or 2 nights taxi into Jindy as well!!!!!

It can be expensive if you take the per person per night option, but I’m pretty sure you can rent entire houses.

I LOVE Lake Crackenback Resort, it’s such a gorgeous place. I’m pretty sure i could talk the GM into a bonfire, provided it didn’t disturb other guests (it’s a HUGE place, so it shouldn’t be a problem).

Some good discussion and different opinions here.

I’d be keen for future shreds in Vic but I think it’s been long decided that it’s in Perisher this year.

Staying on snow is awesome, but I agree we need to keep costs down as much as possible so as many as possible can make it. Station will probably always be the winner for price. It’s a pretty cool place too. It would suck to split the group up, but the option to stay in Perisher for a bit of extra cash could be good for those who really hate the commute.

I have to admit I also wouldn’t mind Station cause I may do a day or two up at Thredbo (have a season pass for next year) cool grin

Billy - 22 November 2011 11:50 AM
chucky - 22 November 2011 11:44 AM

It’s ok Chucky I don’t need the link - it’s not a competition… I just think we need to keep in mind our Vic (and any other state) friends in mind too in the future….

No, it’s not a competition. However the reason for these polls is to get some kind of majority consensus, and the season pass numbers contribute to that. The reason I posted the link is to hopefully get updated numbers.

1. $13 a night at the station is almost too hard to beat, however you are looking at an hour trip to the snow each day (30 min drive to ski tube and 30 min wait/train ride)

2. If we can get a deal, Crackenback is a much nicer option and much easier for people to get to and from the snow without having to wait for people who sleep in etc. Problem there is no included food, no pub and self contained accommodation isn’t ideal for our trip.

3. >$500 for on snow accommodation is too much. If we can’t get it under that amount, people won’t come. We should talk to people like Deanes snow to book X amount of rooms at the Corroboree or Matterhorn and see what they can do for us. They were heaps helpful when I worked down there and the owners are really good. They also own Ski Rider which has a pub / lounge on site which could be an option if they can get it cheap enough. They run buses to and from Perisher each Morning / Arvo so drink driving isn’t an issue.

4. Didn’t someone say they knew the owner of Sundeck could get us a deal?

5. Perisher own the Valley Hotel, could they do us a deal? (That place is way over priced so I doubt it).

6. Staying on snow would be $50 cheaper off the ski tube tickets for anyone without the ski tube season pass.